MNF: Browns @ 49ers

Manny/Patrick

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And how can you say Niners fans are overlooking the Browns? I don't see it that way at all. I mean I can easily flip it the other way and say Browns fans are overlooking the Niners. 

Well I don't recall a fan in either team's GDT predicting a loss for their team so both fan bases see this as a winnable game. After 3/4 weeks that tends to happen.

Odds started (when I first looked) at -3.5 for the 49ers. Went to 4. Then 5. Currently 5.5. That means a lot of people are betting on the 49ers. Browns are clear underdogs now so when the game is over the 49ers won because they were supposed to or it was a trap game.

Okay, no opponent can call the Browns a trap game because we have too much talent to be overlooked. The Browns D and ST have been good so far. The offense is still trying to hit on all cylinders but looked better last week. The Browns tried to set the tone early last week (took the opening kickoff after winning the coin toss) and even though it didn't start great and the offense didn't really start scoring until the second half they dominated the Ravens in yards and just looked like the better team in all four quarters. I expect the same thing this week, well trying to set the early tone. I predict the Browns start on offense no matter who wins the coin toss.

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well I don't recall a fan in either team's GDT predicting a loss for their team so both fan bases see this as a winnable game. After 3/4 weeks that tends to happen.

Odds started (when I first looked) at -3.5 for the 49ers. Went to 4. Then 5. Currently 5.5. That means a lot of people are betting on the 49ers. Browns are clear underdogs now so when the game is over the 49ers won because they were supposed to or it was a trap game.

Okay, no opponent can call the Browns a trap game because we have too much talent to be overlooked. The Browns D and ST have been good so far. The offense is still trying to hit on all cylinders but looked better last week. The Browns tried to set the tone early last week (took the opening kickoff after winning the coin toss) and even though it didn't start great and the offense didn't really start scoring until the second half they dominated the Ravens in yards and just looked like the better team in all four quarters. I expect the same thing this week, well trying to set the early tone. I predict the Browns start on offense no matter who wins the coin toss.

Plenty were saying they weren't sure how this game goes and @Forge is picking the Browns. 

Anyways, looks like Higgins will not be playing today. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Plenty were saying they weren't sure how this game goes and @Forge is picking the Browns. 

You are my fact checker and I appreciate that.

I don't think any non-Browns fans have picked the Browns in this thread.

I don't know enough about the 49ers to have an educated guess of how good they are. That means I can't be all that confident or pessimistic about the Browns chances. I did watch some of the Steelers game and they did try to lose that game with all of the turnovers. Otherwise they were the better team. The Steelers so far don't set a real high bar however. The Browns beat the Jets and that means nothing and beat the Ravens who are a "hot" team but has only beat the Bengals and teams who have only beat the Bengals so that may not even be an impressive win when all is said and done.

The 49ers win over the Bucs may be the most impressive win by either team thus far but they lost to the Giants and seem to be able to win or lose on any given week and it may have just been a week where they were meant to lose. It was a much more competitive game than the Browns win over the Ravens and the Ravens were a top 7-10 team at the time but I don't think they really were, they just wowed everyone with how they steamrolled the Dolphins and many are still on that boat after barely beating the Steelers and Cardinals and getting blown out at home against the Browns.

ESPN had the Ravens at #10 heading into this week and the Browns at #17. The 49ers are at 8 so if the Browns beat the #6 and #8 (at the time) on the road in back to back weeks maybe they can get into the top half of the league.

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ugh. I think from a non-Browns fan perspective, people underestimate how important Higgins is to our offense. He's Baker's security blanket and is just overall really solid and reliable. He looked great in that first series vs. Tennessee and then has been hurt ever since.