Week 6 GDT: Philadelphia Superbowl LII Champs @ Minnesalta Shakers

ninjapirate

13 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

This team has been crippled by injuries every single season of Doug's tenure (yes including 2016) at some point that's not a coincidence, specially considering how healthy of a team we were previously.

Meh, I don’t think you can expect any injures per say. The whole CB Corp being hurt outside of Darby has been big surprise, IMO. Doug certainly deserves some blame. Expecting Darby, Desean and Jernigan to be healthy all season would not be smart. But I think he did enough to cover his rear in case those guys did go down. Having Maddox, Mills and LeBlanc in reserves basically was good insurance. It was just a huge blow when they all got injured about the same time. Malik should have spelled the injury concerns for Timmy. And you’d think our offense wouldn’t struggle so much without a guy that we didn’t even have last year in Desean.  Even so, AJ, Ertz, Goedert, Howard, Agholor and Sanders should be enough to overcome for a decent stretch. Howie made some missteps but overall think he did well this year. Most every pundit agreed we had the best roster on paper. Injuries and bad coaching ruins that. Not the FO. 

I will lay this at his feet, however, if he doesn’t address the CBs after this one though. Just get at least one decent CB in here to stop the bleeding. We can’t beat anyone if everyone’s WR1 goes off for 180 yards and 3 TDs a game. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Meh, I don’t think you can expect any injures per say. The whole CB Corp being hurt outside of Darby has been big surprise, IMO. Doug certainly deserves some blame. Expecting Darby, Desean and Jernigan to be healthy all season would not be smart. But I think he did enough to cover his rear in case those guys did go down. Having Maddox, Mills and LeBlanc in reserves basically was good insurance. It was just a huge blow when they all got injured about the same time. Malik should have spelled the injury concerns for Timmy. And you’d think our offense wouldn’t struggle so much without a guy that we didn’t even have last year in Desean.  Even so, AJ, Ertz, Goedert, Howard, Agholor and Sanders should be enough to overcome for a decent stretch. Howie made some missteps but overall think he did well this year. Most every pundit agreed we had the best roster on paper. Injuries and bad coaching ruins that. Not the FO. 

I will lay this at his feet, however, if he doesn’t address the CBs after this one though. Just get at least one decent CB in here to stop the bleeding. We can’t beat anyone if everyone’s WR1 goes off for 180 yards and 3 TDs a game. 

And corners coming back from injury (Mills, Darby, LeBlanc, etc.) do not cut it for me. We need to trade for one. Patrick Peterson is my #1 target. But, I can promise you, Howie and co. consider getting our injured corners back as "acquisitions". I'd bet anything on that.

25 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hell no. Keep the 12 Personnel package intact, get DeSean back and trade away any and all draft picks.

Nah. Ertz and Agholor for PP. 2nd round pick for Chris Harris. Goedert era can begin. 

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

the offense needs changed. When we have an elite talent with a good cast around him struggling, its the plays. 

What is this good talent we have? We have Alshon who is a great possession WR and Ertz who is normally a very reliable TE. Past that our pass catchers are completely average to bad and our RBs are nothing to be super happy about. Our Oline with Peters can be pretty good, but he is constantly hurt and they regularly got beat today. Playcalling has been far from perfect this season, but this myth that we have good talent on offense really confuses me.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

And corners coming back from injury (Mills, Darby, LeBlanc, etc.) do not cut it for me. We need to trade for one. Patrick Peterson is my #1 target. But, I can promise you, Howie and co. consider getting our injured corners back as "acquisitions". I'd bet anything on that.

Although it helps immensely, I fully agree. Every QB throws for 350 yards on us. Even with a full complement of CBs, we still need a true dominant CB. Howie needs to get one desperately. This game proves everything. Can’t compete with such a glaring hole no one cares to attempt to cover up. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Although it helps immensely, I fully agree. Every QB throws for 350 yards on us. Even with a full complement of CBs, we still need a true dominant CB. Howie needs to get one desperately. This game proves everything. Can’t compete with such a glaring hole no one cares to attempt to cover up. 

Need someone to cover Cooper for a few years. It would just feel so good to finally have that CB to just stick on guys like Julio, Adams, Cooper, Thielen/Diggs, etc. I'd feel so comfortable with having Darby, Douglas and Mills as my 2, 3 and 4 outside guys.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

i just dont understand how the eagles can put an offense on the field for 2 seasons in a row that literally cant function without a deep threat. like yeah deep threats are great and all but i dont see any other team literally incapable of offense without one.

Yep, Doug and Jim need to better with what they have.

and Howie needs to be better at getting them what they want.

drafting JJAW over guys with speed has looked to be a Big miss. and it’s a continued thread throughout this roster. 

Offense puttered around per usual. We have 3 guys on the field that have no chance at getting YAC every play. Whether that’s route running or otherwise. RBs that have no real game breaking ability. Alshon has like 12 targets and like 70 yards. I like Alshon but that can’t be the focal point of your team. He’s hurt, passed his prime, whatever. They need to find an identity. Desean can change that. He opens up everything. Send him deep and the first 20 yards become wide open for the other possession guys. That’s fine. But it’s not working without a deep threat currently. It’s an offense that can move but it’s not dangerous. And with the defense as currently constructed, we’re going to struggle every week with good opponents. 

The defense was absolutely the problem today. But a lackluster offense only scored 20 points today. On a day we needed double that and it wasn’t even close. They need to be better too. 

Yeah I'd prob say this game was 90% the defense's fault. The defense never gave the offense a favorable chance man. I am infinity percent all on board with trading for a LEGIT #1 CB. Craig James and Sidney Jones shouldn't play another snap for us. I'm totally done with Sid, I really am. He's a bust when healthy. Accept the lost pick and move on.

Don't think we can get a true #1 guy. Ramsey isn't going anywhere and I would bet the Cardinals don't want to part ways with Peterson. Chris Harris would be a big upgrade over what we have but he isn't a number one guy on the outside, he is a lot better working in the slot.

Defense definitely was the problem today, you can't give up that many points and expect to win football games, but the offense still needs work. We are incredibly one dimensional. We need Wentz to carry every drive or else we just get shut down.

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

what we need is to fire groh. Doug is fine as HC and play caller but he can't design the plays by himself. Frank Reich did a great job when he was here in 2017 and he has the Colts competing with Jacoby Brissett

Doug needs to put his ego in check and hire form outside the organization