Week 6 GDT: Philadelphia Superbowl LII Champs @ Minnesalta Shakers

ninjapirate

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Reminds me of another 1st rd DE whose career started his Eagle career of with injuries, BG! While DB has been far from a Stud thus far, at least he's not Jerome Mcdougall. Or lets hope 🤞 he remains healthy from here on out and doesn't. 

I think the issue with Barnett is that he was supposed to be the guy that came out of college "ready to play". He was supposed to be pretty polished already and had big production in college. He was limited athletically which is why a lot of people didn't like the selection. Is his career doomed? No way, he will be in the NFL for a long time, but I have serious doubts he will ever be a upper echelon DE which is what you want when taking a player that early in the draft.

20 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Can you imagine a team with all the guys they wanted to draft? OBJ, Dalvin Cook, the countless others 

It’s like the good players “shockingly” go and then they pull straws from a hat on safe picks and only ever gamble on hurt players.

Like Barnett has been ok since we got him, but he’s not having the impact a top 15 picked DE should have. 

Wasn't Barnett the guy you got for tricking the Vikings into taking Bradford?

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'll be the first to say. I didn't want to go anywhere near OBJ in the draft. Dalvin Cook? Yeah but I think Minnesota jumped us for him IIRC

TBH I didn't know who Barnett was before we drafted him. Oops.

just pointing out how often their crush of the draft, sans Chips crush on Mariota and Dion, goes on to be good and we get stuck with someone lesser with no high ceiling.

Cooks instead of Nelly is another recent one.

Like we arent moving up to get the guy we want early anymore, and we aren't using our picks or moving back to get a quantity of players with ceilings to become something other than injured layers.. It just seems patchwork and isn't working.

Like the JJAW pick over a lot of the other receivers on the board optimizes the issue.
Yeah he was an intriguing prospect, but you had a ton of more boom potential at wideout. And with the old roster, could have moved back too.
This is also on the back of a year where we saw what not having a guy to go down the field killed our offense.
It's all hidesight and everything...it just seems so common with how it goes for us. 

15 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Wasn't Barnett the guy you got for tricking the Vikings into taking Bradford?

yep, he's been solid and part of big plays  like getting the fumble recovery in the NFCCG and the Graham strip sack on Brady
But needs to be more dominant.

I was fine with Rodgers being our boogey man, he is an elite QB. It was nice to finally beat him this year, and I was hoping that meant we'd do the same for our other, far more embarrassing, boogey man, but unfortunately he had his best game yet. This dweeb continues to kill us and it angers me. Our only wins against him were his first start vs us (he balled out and hung 34, but Nicky 9s hung a little deeper w/ 37), and during the miraculous 2017 where the world was upside down.

Cousins vs Eagles

6-3 despite being underdogs in all but 2 games, 306 Y/G, 67% completion rate, 21 TDs to 6 INTs, 104.9 passer rating. 

Image result for kirk cousins face

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I was fine with Rodgers being our boogey man, he is an elite QB. It was nice to finally beat him this year, and I was hoping that meant we'd do the same for our other, far more embarrassing, boogey man, but unfortunately he had his best game yet. This dweeb continues to kill us and it angers me. Our only wins against him were his first start vs us (he balled out and hung 34, but Nicky 9s hung a little deeper w/ 37), and during the miraculous 2017 where the world was upside down.

Cousins vs Eagles

6-3 despite being underdogs in all but 2 games, 306 Y/G, 67% completion rate, 21 TDs to 6 INTs, 104.9 passer rating. 

Image result for kirk cousins face

Cousin in a 1pm Sunday game... great/elite.

If we play him in a big primetime game or playoff game... he will turn into the turd that he is.

8 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Cousin in a 1pm Sunday game... great/elite.

If we play him in a big primetime game or playoff game... he will turn into the turd that he is.

No eating our quarterback during one of your rare win celebrations against him.  ;)

Hahaha.  Seriously though, a good game on Sunday.  The Vikings are very tough at home and the Eagles' many injuries were just too much to overcome.  Once you get everybody healthy I'm sure you will be a tough competitor against just about anyone.  Fortunately, it looks like Dallas' winning season is riding off into the west, New York is still rebuilding, and Washington is a dumpster fire.  You should easily be in contention to win the division by the end of the regular season if you get a few breaks.  Best of luck, and maybe we will meet again in the playoffs if we both manage to get there.  

Edited by Uncle Buck

18 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

No eating our quarterback during one of your rare win celebrations against him.  ;)

Hahaha.  Seriously though, a good game on Sunday.  The Vikings are very tough at home and the Eagles' many injuries were just too much to overcome.  Once you get everybody healthy I'm sure you will be a tough competitor against just about anyone.  Fortunately, it looks like Dallas' winning season is riding off into the west, New York is still rebuilding, and Washington is a dumpster fire.  You should easily be in contention to win the division by the end of the regular season if you get a few breaks.  Best of luck, and maybe we will meet again in the playoffs if we both manage to get there.  

I don't think injuries is an excuse to be used. Even healthy that secondary is bottom 10 in the league. Plus injuries have been a massive problem for three years now. Once sucks, two's a coincidence, three's a trend. Vikings schooled us fair and square.