Week 6 GDT: We’re Going Swimming with the Dolphins

turtle28

Just now, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I’m damn nervous about this game. I feel like they’re going to come out sharpnwith an interim coach, play well, and get a win. They’ll give up on Callahan in a couple weeks, but going to eff around and blow the season tomorrow.

With Ereck Flowers in the game, there is no worry about a pass-rush.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Case Keenum will be starting against the Dolphins.  

Meanwhile, time is a flat circle. 

I’m impressed that this forum is so illuminating! Seriously doubt we would see any other team forum quoting Freddy. 

16921292246500d384bebd4be4c065ec.gif

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1

I don't see how the running game improves just bc Callahan is the HC. Maybe Gruden controlled the running game more than I or anyone knows, but it's the same players and Callahan has been our run game coordinator since 2015. 

And, since Callahan was hired to be our Assistant HC and run game coordinator, our running game has been pretty much trash.

Callahan may instill more discipline in practice and the team but except when he inherited Jon Gruden’s players in Oakland, he hasn't been a good HC in college or the pros.

I just find it hilarious how Gruden has become such a big scapegoat but Callahan has been his #2 man since 2015. 

People expecting a big change in results... I actually feel sorry for them bc they're still believing in the Dan Snyder Redskins and it's been clear since 2002 that believing in a Dan Snyder owned team is sure to be a false hope.

I pray that Dan told Brice he could fire Jay and give Callahan the job for the rest of this season but if Callahan didn’t improve the team that Dan was going to fire Brice too.

I know that’s wishful thinking, but that’s what I hope.

Edited by turtle28

Can we all agree that we should win this game by at least 7? I’m going to watch it and post game show. in the unlikely event we find a way to lose this, BMitch will probably blow His top. When we win I wonder how many will proclaim we still have a chance to make the playoffs as we aren’t mathematically eliminated lol 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don't see how the running game improves just bc Callahan is the HC. Maybe Gruden controlled the running game more than I or anyone knows, but it's the same players and Callahan has been our run game coordinator since 2015. 

And, since Callahan was hired to be our Assistant HC and run game coordinator, our running game has been pretty much trash.

Callahan may instill more discipline in practice and the team but except when he inherited Jon Gruden’s players in Oakland, he hasn't been a good HC in college or the pros.

I just find it hilarious how Gruden has become such a big scapegoat but Callahan has been his #2 man since 2015. 

People expecting a big change in results... I actually feel sorry for them bc they're still believing in the Dan Snyder Redskins and it's been clear since 2002 that believing in a Dan Snyder owned team is sure to be a false hope.

I pray that Dan told Brice he could fire Jay and give Callahan the job for the rest of this season but if Callahan didn’t improve the team that Dan was going to fire Brice too.

I know that’s wishful thinking, but that’s what I hope.

This was you until recently

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Can we all agree that we should win this game by at least 7? I’m going to watch it and post game show. in the unlikely event we find a way to lose this, BMitch will probably blow His top. When we win I wonder how many will proclaim we still have a chance to make the playoffs as we aren’t mathematically eliminated lol 

tenor.gif

Lmao 🤣 Perfect! I’m actually going out with some friends - which I don’t usually do bc I want to see every play - but you know it’s bad when I just don’t care anymore! As everyone knows I’m usually the last one holding out hope - sans Ace - but even I know there’s no putting lipstick on this pig anymore!

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

This was you until recently

Last year and years before maybe bc I believed in the QBs and said if we could just fix the defense we’d be a playoff contender.

I don’t remember being a believer in Case Keenum - some on Redskins Twitter thought we’d be better with him bc of what he did in 2017 for Minny - and while Colt knows the offense very well, it was hard to believe he’d be any good especially bc he’s missed so much time with his broken leg.

If you think I believe in Dan Snyder, you have been reading my posts wrong for a decade.

Edited by turtle28

I think we win this game & I'm hoping we continue to win.

My thoughts today?

If we lose, we should shoot for the #1 pick or at least top 3.

If we win, I want to go on a major run. Like....11-5 or 10-6 run.

In case you haven't been paying attention? This Division IS wide open still.

Eagles & cowpukes @ 3-2

Giants @2-4

We string together a few wins, with a little help from other teams against our divisional does?

All of a sudden....we go into bye week @4-5...we might just be a couple games back from the division lead.

Obviously, that would mean beating the Niners, Bills & Vikings. But does anyone think they're Juggernaut's that can't be beat? I don't...

I'm not giving up on the season just yet!

Lose to the Dolphins...

Then yes....

Even Ace has packed his bags.

And when I give up, you really know it's over. Cause I'm the biggest Redskins Homer in the World.

1 minute ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

At the stadium and someone hired a plane with a banner that says Help Skins Fans Fire Bruce Allen 

I saw it, too.

Wow!

Have to say...Front Office is in as much pressure for a win as the players are.

I like Bill Callahan, though. It would be a nice feel good story to see him do well.

It would also be nice to have our coach already in-house (ala--Bill Callahan or Kevin O'Connell)

Not just because we could avoid Dumb & Dumber from trading draft picks for our next head coach.

But it would be good for Haskins from a stability standpoint. Knowing the coaches.....not having to learn new system....start all over, etc.