Who gets fired first?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What happens at coaching?

• Freddie
    • Monken
    • Same Time
    • Neither

1 hour ago, braylon said:

Freddie will be fine. But, his mismanaging of the clock to end the first half was mind boggling. It killed us. So did the turnovers. So did the refs. So did the drops. 

Clock doesnt become an issue if the Browns come away with TD in that situation tho

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

My only issue with Freddie today was his play calling at the end of the first half. Other than that, he was fine. I find it pretty funny that some fans are trying to pin the blame of today's loss on Freddie. And this is coming from someone who has been pretty hard on Freddie all year.

In his press conference he said he wanted to score there, use his TO’s, get the ball back, and score again. The defense was containing Wilson at that point and playing like this could happen.

I think Freddie has done a good job so far. He isn’t perfect but this team is really young and really talented. If they get things going they can make a run.  

Turnovers have been the problem more than anything. 

59 minutes ago, JDD said:

In his press conference he said he wanted to score there, use his TO’s, get the ball back, and score again. The defense was containing Wilson at that point and playing like this could happen.

I can appreciate his line of thinking, but that’s Maddenesque and silly tbh.  Take your time, score the TD and go to the half.

He bit off more than he could chew (insert fat joke) in this situation.

I think Freddie has done a good job so far. He isn’t perfect but this team is really young and really talented. If they get things going they can make a run.  

He’s been a mixed bag imo.  I don’t think he was the problem yesterday though

Turnovers have been the problem more than anything. 

Yep, and those belong squarely at the feet of the players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Notasouthernbelle said:

The excuses...

He had zero experience as a head coach when we hired him. He's still calling the plays (which he still lacks experience in). Talk about being thrown in to the frying pan. He's getting better every week. In fact, he's improved to a point where this loss wasn't on him.

He's going to keep improving as he gains more experience. If not, then I hope Dorsey addresses it at the end of the season. From what I've seen though, I'm hopeful that Freddie will still be here next season (and beyond).

• Like 2

I don't blame people for being reactionary here.

I also would like to respectfully ask to see what happens off of the bye and what issues can be fixed. Does Baker improve and show promise going forward? Do the penalties, especially on offense, drastically decline? Does getting players back healthy (Higgins, Ward, Greedy) help us? Do we start to BEAT GOOD TEAMS? Do we play NE tough with a quality game plan? Can we go on winning streaks down the stretch? Do our young players improve and make a statement going into 2020?

If we see the same old/same old with Baker struggling (he's on pace to finish with 15 TD and 33 INT and about 56% passing), our lack of discipline/penalties continue, and our coaches recycle garbage gameplans the way we did from Baltimore to SF on consecutive weeks, then he's on the hot seat in 2020 and I'll gladly join you in banging that drum. He's entitled to a full season and at least 2 full offseasons before we do this IMO.

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he’s taking the heat for the loss, but it really wasn’t on him.

There were some decisions I wouldn’t have made, but I think that can be said about every coach every game.

The offense put up 28 on a good defense with 4 turnovers.  Had the players not been so sloppy we might have hung 40 on them.

Lol its funny.  It seems like your the guy who didn't watch the game but only saw the stats at the end and are screaming "we scored 28 points! see, not their fault!!!"

we lost by 4, and there was a really dumb 10-14 point swing at the end of the first half.  I understand what you're saying but rushing to the line and not letting time run off the clock is something everyone in the building understood was a stupid move and we did it anyway.  That's the kind of thing that makes me REALLY wonder if a person  is intelligent enough to PLAY football let alone be paid millions of dollars to coach.

I think we should give freddie 2-3 years but I'm worried it may be a LONG 2-3 years because freddie doesn't seem to understand simple game situations...

and that's not even judging the lack of running, the empty backfield in the red-zone, and running the same play on 4th down after you tried to challenge and showed the play you were planning on running 

6 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Lol its funny.  It seems like your the guy who didn't watch the game but only saw the stats at the end and are screaming "we scored 28 points! see, not their fault!!!"

No, I’m saying schemes and coaching weren’t the problem.  The offense was effective sans turnovers.

Freddie shouldn't be fired.  But I am REALLY disappointing with how hes been coaching.

He hasn't been that bad on being aggressive at the right times (minus the end of the 49ers game when we just gave up and punted the ball away)

He hasn't been that bad on knowing when to throw the challenge flag.

It doesn't seem like hes been that bad at the things you expect from a head coach.

The problem is he has been that bad at play-calling.  My brother gave me an answer today that I couldn't refute.  I asked him what the difference between last year play calling freddie and this year play calling freddie.  He told me last year he looked like a guy who wasn't trying to protect his job.

He took risks, he was creative, he ran exactly the offense baker should run.

This year I don't know whats happening.  Chubb has a great game and is CLEARLY what we should go with in the red zone and we come out in empty backfield and throw dangerous passes.  He doesn't seem to know time management at the end of the first half in Seattle.  I don't think he ran great plays in the red-zone and we CLEARLY should have won that game, but not knowing that we wanted to run the clock down at the end of the 2nd quarter is just inexcusable.  Running to the line on 2nd and 8 with 1:36 left, the clock running, and snapping the ball at 23 seconds on the play clock is something anyone who has ever coached at any level of football should know not to do!  We needed to drain the clock and even if we came away with a field goal at the end of that, we would have been up 23 - 12 going into the second half.  Instead we hury to the line, throw a pick, and the seahawks only need 1:07 to drive down the field and score on us.  Had we run the ball the hawks would have been out of timeout, and there would have been virtually no time left on the clock to let them score.  Don't get me wrong, what happened was absolutely the worst thing that could have, but it is also absolutely the reason you don't do it!

The refs were bad, some of the play calling was bad, but I'm sorry this game was absolutely Freddies fault...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No, I’m saying schemes and coaching weren’t the problem.  The offense was effective sans turnovers.

oh no schemes and coaching were the BIGGEST problem in that game.  There were certainly a lot of problems, dropped balls, refs, play-calling, turnovers.  All of it was bad.  But the biggest issue was not knowing how to take advantage of being in the red-zone and clock management.

At the very minimum the end of the first half was a 10 point swing.  They had 1 timeout left.  There was 1:36 left on the clock with 23 second on the play-clock.  2nd and goal at the 8. 

• Like 1