brownie man

Who gets fired first?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What happens at coaching?

• Freddie
    • Monken
    • Same Time
    • Neither

I understand that each team you play will require a different gameplan, but I have never seen such drastic differences week to week with the structure of an Offense.  One week we are running predominantly RPO from the shotgun.  The next week we are under center and running stretch plays, and play action.  We start the season with long developing pass plays, that end up getting Baker killed.  It just seems to be throwing ish at the wall, and seeing what sticks.

How bout we stay more consistent with the run game, especially when we are in the Red Zone.

Quit getting behind the sticks with penalties (which causes us to abandon the run)

How about grabbing a FB to at least play in short yardage, and goal line situations.  These TE's aren't cutting it!!!  And while we are at it, I agree with the announcers saying it is difficult to pull lineman near the goal line...how bout some straight blocking?

Use what works, and stick with it!!!  You don't need to complicate things by having a sh.t ton of plays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I understand that each team you play will require a different gameplan, but I have never seen such drastic differences week to week with the structure of an Offense.  One week we are running predominantly RPO from the shotgun.  The next week we are under center and running stretch plays, and play action.  We start the season with long developing pass plays, that end up getting Baker killed.  It just seems to be throwing ish at the wall, and seeing what sticks.

How bout we stay more consistent with the run game, especially when we are in the Red Zone.

Quit getting behind the sticks with penalties (which causes us to abandon the run)

How about grabbing a FB to at least play in short yardage, and goal line situations.  These TE's aren't cutting it!!!  And while we are at it, I agree with the announcers saying it is difficult to pull lineman near the goal line...how bout some straight blocking?

Use what works, and stick with it!!!  You don't need to complicate things by having a sh.t ton of plays.

Too many cooks in the kitchen? Oc, hc that calls plays, campin is in on it and so is stump.

Freddie is falling into the same trap that Hue did press conference wise.

I don't understand how Coaches haven't learned from the Belichick coaching playbook of literally saying nothing or minimally saying anything in press conference. Who cares about correcting the record or letting the media in on things.

Today, Freddie volunteered that a WR ran a route that's not a part of their playbook. He did so when Terry Pluto essentially asked what's the difference between last year and this year if you're are the same play-caller.

The media pounced on that little nugget and tried to get Freddie to elaborate on who the WR was; whether the WR did the route their way on purpose or out of ill-will; whether that WR should play instead of Higgins; if it says something about his control of the team etc etc... Freddie then gets defensive and now the media has a story that can be distorted and twisted into a player-coach conflict story for click-bait.

Monken did the same when he came out and said the Callaway pick "was Catastrophic and changed the entire game." Even if you think that you don't come out and say that as a coach b/c the media will run with it and it sends the wrong message to the team as if the game was lost then or that there are some things that happen in a game that are so Catastrophic that it's not even worth fighting the rest of the game b/c that one thing sealed the team's fate.

Time and time again coaches never learn. Say nothing at press conferences and coach the team. Perception in the media will change when the team starts winning.

Let's hope Freddie doesn't go the way of Hue in press conferences as the pressure ratchets up.

Now, what Freddie has going for him that Hue didn't is that it's likely the pressure is release and the air is cleared in a few weeks with a win. Hue's press conferences were great from the perspective of a HC not creating issues in year 1. He wore down and lost it mid-way through the 2nd year.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

That was better by Freddie. I think by next season he will be fine. He is learning. After the patriots it gets a lot easier. 

Browns have faced the 9th/10th hardest schedule so far. I really want to see what they can after this brutal stretch of games is over. Heck the last 4 teams had a combine record of 18-6. Over the past 4 games, the game that truly mattered was the Ravens game.

• Like 1

Understandable to continue to put pressure on Kitch and the team. Improvement has been there though. They didn't fold and mail it in against the Hawks, but they still couldn't overcome their bad habits in the end. Incredibly frustrating, but as long as they stick together the growth will be there.

Let's wait and see how the rest of the season plays out. I'm as frustrated as anyone, but we can catch fire and build positive momentum, confidence, and experience (for players and for Freddie). Yes, Freddie has a learning curve, but I don't think he's absolutely incapable of the job (yet)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Let's wait and see how the rest of the season plays out. I'm as frustrated as anyone, but we can catch fire and build positive momentum, confidence, and experience (for players and for Freddie). Yes, Freddie has a learning curve, but I don't think he's absolutely incapable of the job (yet)

Agreed. The Browns have had their moments but where they need to work on most (esp freddie) is the consistency. This team seems all over the place on a weekly basis. Almost like they are bipolar but not even on a week to week basis, but on a quarter to quarter basis. I think that falls on coaching and him learning how to call the correct plays at the correct time and not have everything have be some spectacular play.

Its okay to run Chubb off tackle 5-7 times per game and not do all of this crazy motion trickery on a per-drive basis. Freddie learning how to pace the game after the 1st quarter is his biggest need to work on.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Watched Tampa Bay. Jameis threw 5 interceptions.

I’m telling you guys. It’s this garbage *** Bruce Arians philosophy that’s a problem.

tell me more

have it make sense

describe this philosphy thats making my talented team look like poop

I want to scream and yell and declare Kitchens fireable right now, but it's way too early to make that kind of a determination. I thought we'd be hot right out of the gate, but that's clearly not happening. We need to play the first 8 games before we even think about labeling Baker a bum and Kitchens a 1-and-Done.

Kitchens should at least look like a professional and require the same standards with team.   His lack of professional attire ,lack of eating discipline, and lack of razor show a lazy fat guy.  He has no clue at press conferences and his use of English leaves a lot to be desired.  His obstinance on calling the same plays gets annoying.  Other than that, what has he done to be rewarded for 2-4 and possibly 2-6.

Dorsey has a part in this besides the hire he did not tutor or help him "brand" the team, or act like a professional.