Are the Chiefs and Rams in trouble?

Slingin' Sammy

Rams, yes

Chiefs, no

The Chiefs should be okay once Mahomes is back at 100% (he clearly hasn't been the last couple of weeks).

The Rams are absolutely boned unless they can figure out a way to retool their offense so it's less reliant on big plays from Goff because Goff still can't function without training wheels and his protection is trash at the moment.

• Like 2

I think there's cause for concern, for us. I don't know that I'd say we're in trouble, depending on your definition there. Our division is trash, our conference is subpar. We still hold an effective 2 game lead in our division despite this. So I don't think we're in trouble in the sense of at risk of missing the playoffs or no longer being the front runners in the division. We have shown issues that good teams will take advantage of, though, absolutely. I think we also have the potential to rebound by getting healthy. This week we were missing LT, LG, WR2, DT1, MLB, and of course Mahomes was a bit limpy on that ankle. As long as we can still win against the Broncos, and then take the long week to recover a bit, I think we can be fine. But we'll see. If we lose against Denver Thursday then yes, we're in trouble.

• Like 2

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

The Chiefs have quietly done a horrific job taking advantage of low cap numbers for Mahomes. The roster construction is flat out bad. It hasn't been noticed because Mahomes has been unstoppable most of this run. 

I think it's hard to tell if it's roster construction or coaching. Some of our free agent pickups and trades, particularly on the defensive front, have done dramatically worse than the year before we added them. Hitchens was better in Dallas, Clark was better in Seattle, even Okafor was better in New Orleans. If we were maximizing those guys talent, it would be a different story. We're actually getting better play from the DBs we added, so I think our coaching is strong there, but our front 7 is underperforming across the board compared to what they should be capable of.

Rams yeah but Chiefs? I don't think so...they are still in top of their division. Broncos and Chargers look like below par teams and I don't really see Raiders winning division over Chiefs. So, yeah they should still most probably end up winning the division. Whether they r gonna get a first round bye or not I guess depends on Mahomes fitness and their OL (which seems to be terribly banged up)

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I think there's cause for concern, for us. I don't know that I'd say we're in trouble, depending on your definition there. Our division is trash, our conference is subpar. We still hold an effective 2 game lead in our division despite this. So I don't think we're in trouble in the sense of at risk of missing the playoffs or no longer being the front runners in the division. We have shown issues that good teams will take advantage of, though, absolutely. I think we also have the potential to rebound by getting healthy. This week we were missing LT, LG, WR2, DT1, MLB, and of course Mahomes was a bit limpy on that ankle. As long as we can still win against the Broncos, and then take the long week to recover a bit, I think we can be fine. But we'll see. If we lose against Denver Thursday then yes, we're in trouble.

They're only in trouble of not getting a bye. They should be able to win the division.

everyone is going to rightfully blame the chief's D but there's something stinky going on in the offense. 

who knows whats going on with the Rams. Apparently Gurley must have carried the Offense much more than I thought

• Like 1

Rams: Yes they absolutely are. They are 3rd place in their division right now and 0-2 against the 49ers and Seahawks. They probably aren't winning the division and there is a strong chance they flat out miss the playoffs.

Chiefs: Depends what you mean by in trouble. They are pretty banged up right now but as it stands now they probably aren't getting HFA and they may not even get a bye with Houston holding the tiebreaker. This does significantly impact their chances of making a SB run even if they are totally healthy. The AFC West is trash though and they could probably go 9-7 and still make the playoffs.

Edited by Bolts223

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Even if you lose to Denver Thursday I wouldn't even say you're in trouble then in terms of missing the playoffs entirely. It will significantly hurt the chances of getting a bye and making a SB run, but I don't think the Raiders are going to last in terms of winning games and 9-7 or even 8-8 could win this division.

• Like 1

Chiefs definitely not. 2 tough opponents, 2 close losses, and a sub 100% Mahomes. They’ve got a cakewalk to AFCW crown this year it would seem.

Rams, maybe. The OL turned to trash. Gurley is a shell of his former self (whether that be talent or workload, result is the same), Goff is struggling. Seems to all stem from Gurley and the OL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

The Chiefs have quietly done a horrific job taking advantage of low cap numbers for Mahomes. The roster construction is flat out bad. It hasn't been noticed because Mahomes has been unstoppable most of this run. 

They have to be a team that does damage at the trade deadline.