Are the Chiefs and Rams in trouble?

Slingin' Sammy

The Rams might be in trouble. I think they'll get it together, but they could still miss the playoffs just because they play in a really tough division. KC will be alright and they benefit from the fact that there's no real other threat in the AFCW.

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't disagree with most of this but I do think that if the offense regains form that they are a top 5 Super Bowl contender. 

I don’t think a team with a defense this bad has won a SB in a long time, actually I can’t even think of one period. The 2006 Colts weren’t good most of the regular season but a lot of that was because Bob Sanders was hurt for a lot of it. Once he came back they were lights out in the playoffs. 2011 Giants were pretty bad in the regular season but they had a way better D-line than this Chiefs team and they also balled out in the playoffs.

Edited by Bolts223

7 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I don’t think a team with a defense this bad has won a SB in a long time, actually I can’t even think of one period. The 2006 Colts weren’t good most of the regular season but a lot of that was because Bob Sanders was hurt for a lot of it. Once he came back they were lights out in the playoffs. 2011 Giants were pretty bad in the regular season but they had a way better D-line than this Chiefs team and they also balled out in the playoffs.

It's only 3 games to play if they get a bye week so a bad regular season defense can be serviceable for 3 games while Mahomes goes off. Wouldn't say they'd be my Super Bowl favorite but definitely my #2 AFC team and maybe #2 team overall as I don't trust any NFC team. 

I don't know enough about the rams, so I will leave that for others.

I have watched a few chiefs games, parts of them and I think I can comment on them. I don't like Andy Reid as a HC, too pass happy.  This team is worse defensively and they have problems on the OL. 

My motto is if you can't control the LOS and play good defence , you don't deserve to win. An elite QB can help  but will only go so far. There have been many teams in the history of the game that could score, pass etc, yet never won.

Just now, LeotheLion said:

It's only 3 games to play if they get a bye week so a bad regular season defense can be serviceable for 3 games while Mahomes goes off. Wouldn't say they'd be my Super Bowl favorite but definitely my #2 AFC team and maybe #2 team overall as I don't trust any NFC team. 

I just don’t see it. Chiefs last year at least were a decent defense to play with a lead because they had such good pass rushers that were extremely effective at getting to a QB when they knew the opposing team was going to have to pass to keep up. This year? Not the case at all. The reason they lost last year was because their defense couldn’t get a stop at home when it needed to. This year they have just as bad a secondary, a worse pass rush and they almost certainly won’t have HFA, possibly not even a bye. 

So with Mahomes out I still wouldn’t panic. Yes their next 4 games are  Packers, Vikings, at Titans, and at Chargers. Like best case scenario for them is 2-2 but I think they will go either 1-3 or 0-4. The Chiefs don’t have the defense to overcome the loss of their QB like the Saints have when they lost Brees. So I don’t know how long Mahomes will be out but my thinking is he will be back after the BYE. The only positive is the AFC West doesn’t have anyone running away with it so if Mahomes can come back the BYE and the go on a run and end the season 10-6 they still can win the AFC West. Heck 9-7 could win the AFC West. It’s going to be interesting though to see if the Chargers or even the Raiders can now try to take advantage of this opportunity and take the division this season. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I have not seen many times that a team laid down and died. The broncos did that tonight. I feel so bad for their fans. They don't deserve this.

Of all the fanbases, we deserve it more than most tbh. We've been relevant almost every season for decades. It may be bad for a while, but we've been fortunate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Of all the fanbases, we deserve it more than most tbh. We've been relevant almost every season for decades. It may be bad for a while, but we've been fortunate.

I've never heard any fan say anything such as this. It's very true, but it's also refreshing. 

I hope this slide is very limited for you guys.

• Like 1

Broncos still strike fear into me, as a Pats fan. Definitely an aura* over there.

*not to be confused with an Aurora...

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

We do deserve it no doubt about that. I just have a feeling we're turning a corner and tonight's game was like throwing against a blitz. I find this season to be refreshing not many teams are going to win games with their best tackle out and Bolles. 

If the farm gets restocked because of that game last night its a blessing.