Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

21 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Not sure if you actually watched all of the Rams games this year or are just trying to lazily associate one situation to another because they seem similar, but that's absolutely not an excuse. It's what's happening. 

Out of curiosity, how closely have you watched the Rams this year? 

As a diehard Rams fan, I've watched every snap.

The OL hasn't been great, but Goff has been awful.

When you say "it's what's happening", you also have to acknowledge that Goff is playing terribly. The two can both be true.

Goff being THIS mediocre/bad for this long of a stretch is definitely a worrying sign. Not like it just started this season as there were signs last year as well. Interested in seeing if he is able to turn it around next year or continues on his current path.

Dak though is looking more and more legit. Dak>>Wentz>Goff 

The Goff hate is warranted after a complete regression this season, but to think the Rams will bench him, try to trade him, regret the decision is just being short sighted and probably comes with a preconception of Goff.

He had a bad year. He's still made some incredible throws this season. He's been behind a bottom 5 Oline all year with no run game as a result. McVay hasn't done him any favors either. Everyone's quick to jump down the Rams throats after two above average seasons.  They want to see Goff and McVay fail given the recent praise and accolades. 

Goff will bounce back next year. This is an outlier in his career. He's 25 in year 4 and already been to a SuperBowl lol the hate is real and attention spans are short these days. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

When you say "it's what's happening", you also have to acknowledge that Goff is playing terribly. The two can both be true.

He really hasn't played terrible.

He's made some great throws and done a good job at getting rid of the ball quickly to not eat sacks. (Over 220 pressures so far this year and only 18 sacks)

That being said, he could be playing much better.

8 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

He's not playing good, but he's not playuing near as bad as everyone is making it out to be. If you fix the line, you fix Goff. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Goff being THIS mediocre/bad for this long of a stretch is definitely a worrying sign. Not like it just started this season as there were signs last year as well. Interested in seeing if he is able to turn it around next year or continues on his current path.

Dak though is looking more and more legit. Dak>>Wentz>Goff 

What a cherry pick.

That's not even including the post season, that's just regular season games.

Kinda funny that Dak has the best team around him and he's putting up the best stats.

No correlation there whatsoever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

He's not playing good, but he's not playuing near as bad as everyone is making it out to be. If you fix the line, you fix Goff. 

It's not even about getting the line great again, just give us average... Though the Goff talk should be about the season as a whole, not last night. The offense was probably the best unit last night. It was a total team loss. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

What a cherry pick.

That's not even including the post season, that's just regular season games.

Kinda funny that Dak has the best team around him and he's putting up the best stats.

No correlation there whatsoever. 

Um, I actually mentioned how all three have looked better than the others when they have had great supporting casts. And how exactly is that "cherry picking" stats? It isn't. Literally the last 16 regular season games. If you want to include the postseason for Goff, go ahead. I'm not even sure why you mentioned that since his postseason stats were nothing special? So if I add those in, how much better does it make his numbers look? You know what, let's list his postseason stats from last year:

59-106 55.7% 712 yards, 6.7 YPA, 1 TD 2 INTs, 71.7 QB Rating

THOSE are the stats you were crying about that you not included in that particular tweet? Alrighty then.............

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um, I actually mentioned how all three have looked better than the others when they have had great supporting casts. And how exactly is that "cherry picking" stats? It isn't. Literally the last 16 regular season games. If you want to include the postseason for Goff, go ahead. I'm not even sure why you mentioned that since his postseason stats were nothing special? So if I add those in, how much better does it make his numbers look? You know what, let's list his postseason stats from last year:

59-106 55.7% 712 yards, 6.7 YPA, 1 TD 2 INTs, 71.7 QB Rating

THOSE are the stats you were crying about that you not included in that particular tweet? Alrighty then.............

You're the one that sounds butthurt. Lol.

But look up the other two QBs stats too.

Wentz hasn't been lighting the world on fire.

Also, Goff played good against the Saints.

He played rough against NE.

Edited by ChicagoRaider14

Just now, ChicagoRaider14 said:

You're the one that sounds butthurt.

Also, Goff played good against the Saints.

He played rough against NE.

How exactly am I butthurt? YOU are the one that came after me for someone not including the postseason games.........and then I listed his numbers to show they weren't really far off what he has been doing in the last 16 regular season games.

I already mentioned all three could be good/very good depending on the talent around them. And all have struggled in spurts when they haven't had the best of supporting casts...Guess what? That is not all that unusual. Only the elite ones can overcome deficiencies as I mentioned earlier in this thread...but it is clear that Dak from the three is trending the right direction while the other two are going the other way. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How exactly am I butthurt? YOU are the one that came after me for someone not including the postseason games.........and then I listed his numbers to show they weren't really far off what he has been doing in the last 16 regular season games.

I already mentioned all three could be good/very good depending on the talent around them. And all have struggled in spurts when they haven't had the best of supporting casts...Guess what? That is not all that unusual. Only the elite ones can overcome deficiencies as I mentioned earlier in this thread...but it is clear that Dak from the three is trending the right direction while the other two are going the other way. 

I just said it didn't include their stats.

Goff played well against NO in the NFC game.

Why are the other two trending the other way?

Could it that their schemes got figured out?

Just now, ChicagoRaider14 said:

I just said it didn't include their stats.

Goff played well against NO in the NFC game.

Why are the other two trending the other way?

Could it that their schemes got figured out?

Could it be they worse supporting casts? That's the question you need to ask. And okay, so Goff played well in the NFCCG. What are you exactly wanting from me? 

There are multitude of reasons why Goff/Wentz are not playing as well, but simply put they are not.......and Dak is playing at borderline MVP level. This isn't rocket science, I have NO idea what you are even trying to argue here.