GDT - week 7 The SHE Gals vs the Damn Boys.

resilient part 2

I feel like that stat suggests that we’re a better team than our record would indicate. This team has largely hurt itself with penalties, turnovers, and special teams play, and it’s reasonable to think they could turn that around.

Of course, we have plenty of other evidence to suggest that this team will continue to lose in new and remarkable fashions under Garrett, so meh

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I feel like that stat suggests that we’re a better team than our record would indicate. This team has largely hurt itself with penalties, turnovers, and special teams play, and it’s reasonable to think they could turn that around.

Of course, we have plenty of other evidence to suggest that this team will continue to lose in new and remarkable fashions under Garrett, so meh

And drops. Weve had  a tone of drops in the losses. 

14 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

ouch!

I know...

Hope he doesn't read that burn. He might miss another two weeks. 

T.O. played the superbowl with a broke ankle. Emmitt finished the game with a figure8. Witten played with his jaw wired shut. Ronnie Lott cut off his finger. But Amari Cooper may miss two weeks with a bruised thigh. He's lucky he plays in today's NFL because he wouldn't have a place a few decades ago. I think that's why he drops the ball so much. He's thinking about that hit. 

Don't get me wrong. He's a great route runner. One of the best .....ever. He was totally worth a 1st. A great talent, and I'm glad we have him. Dak needs him. But it's pretty clear that the dude is soft as a pillow. 

48 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

The Zeke "fumble" against the Saints, and the PI that negated the Witten TD against the Jets. Both calls imho cost us those games.

We should be 5-1

Edited by DaBoys

It still baffles me that 52 men on a team to work with, and 1 player can't make the game and the entire possibility of winning is already compromised.

Find another way! Run th ball right down their throats. Let them know you are going to run. Dare them to stop you. And then....take your 90 million dollar RB AND RUN THE FRICKIN BALL!!!!

It's called imposing your will.

8 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

It still baffles me that 52 men on a team to work with, and 1 player can't make the game and the entire possibility of winning is already compromised.

Find another way! Run th ball right down their throats. Let them know you are going to run. Dare them to stop you. And then....take your 90 million dollar RB AND RUN THE FRICKIN BALL!!!!

The team has no will. That’s one of the reasons we fall apart at the first sign of adversity. Garrett is incapable of inspiring the players.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

The team has no will. That’s one of the reasons we fall apart at the first sign of adversity. Garrett is incapable of inspiring the players.

And he is not the only one. In fact, the only coach that seems to be able to actually "coach" is Belichek. He wins every year with Tom Brady and.....

But this is another example of just how the quality of everything, in this case football, has regressed to a steaming pile of bullcookies.

It looks like football, it's played on Sundays, and now all over the world, and yet, we can't find a guy who can kick accurately, a coach who can game plan, and an owner that can't get out of his own way.

And again the Cowboys are not the only NFL franchise like this.

Remember the days when teams like the Raiders, Chargers, Redskins, Dolphins, along with the Cowboys were perennial playoff teams?

Wtf happened?

Edited by Rtnldave

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Because our OL has been not good lately. Fredricks been terrible. And you might have notice its not one guy. Our top 4 WRs have all missed time at some point and both our OTs. 

Use facts and you can answer your own questions.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

How much all 22 have you watched?

5 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

And he is not the only one. In fact, the only coach that seems to be able to actually "coach" is Belichek. He wins every year with Tom Brady and.....

But this is another example of just how the quality of everything, in this case football, has regressed to a steaming pile of bullcookies.

It looks like football, it's played on Sundays, and now all over the world, and yet, we can't find a guy who can kick accurately, a coach who can game plan, and an owner that can't get out of his own way.

And again the Cowboys are not the only NFL franchise like this.

Remember the days when teams like the Raiders, Chargers, Redskins, Dolphins, along with the Cowboys were perennial playoff teams?

Wtf happened?

Its almost like the league is built for parity. Every aspect is made so that teams should only win the superbowl once every 30+ years. 

Brady and Bellichick are breaking that parity by being the best coach, GM and QB the NFL has ever seen. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Because our OL has been not good lately. Fredricks been terrible. And you might have notice its not one guy. Our top 4 WRs have all missed time at some point and both our OTs. 

Use facts and you can answer your own questions.

How much all 22 have you watched?

Its almost like the league is built for parity. Every aspect is made so that teams should only win the superbowl once every 30+ years. 

Brady and Bellichick are breaking that parity by being the best coach, GM and QB the NFL has ever seen. 

I hate reading this about Brady. He is a great QB, now especially after all these years under Belichick. But I truly believe if Brady gets drafted by anyone else. THIS conversation NEVER happens. I wish I could have seen Brady drafted by any of his AFC East opponents like Miami, the NYJ or Buffalo.

I won't get into a debate on this because it is unproveable and all hypothetical. Just had to say that some Mfers get all the luck.. carry on ..

Edited by resilient part 2