Nagy "hopes" Hicks will return this year

beardown3231

23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sorry to see this boys.

Yeah that’s no good, but I’m not surprised. When they showed the replay of the hit and his elbow was flopping around, i figured he was done for the year right then and there.

Now I’m not too familiar with the new IR rules - is he still eligible to come back later in the season?

5 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

giphy.gif

Laugh while you can. Rumor has it (I know it is true since I am the one starting it) the Bears, Lions, and Vikings are going to sign McClellin and keep trading him  to whoever is playing GB until he breaks Rodgers' collarbone again.

#collusionforcollarbonecracking

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Laugh while you can. Rumor has it (I know it is true since I am the one starting it) the Bears, Lions, and Vikings are going to sign McClellin and keep trading him  to whoever is playing GB until he breaks Rodgers' collarbone again.

#collusionforcollarbonecracking

Him and Floyd can make up our all bust OLB group who somehow doesn't duck against GB. 

6 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Him and Floyd can make up our all bust OLB group who somehow doesn't duck against GB. 

You actually think Floyd is a bust?

He may not have been worth his draft slot but he's turned out to be a pretty good player.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

He may not have been worth his draft slot but he's turned out to be a pretty good player.

True. He was trash as an EDGE but as an offball LB he has been much better. 

Not worth his draft slot but definitely a plus player for us. 

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah I feel like, without looking at stats, he's been silent since the GB game

Idk what hai stats are but I'd like to see how many times he has been sent to rush the QB. Seems like he was put in a LOT of pass coverage when Roquan was out and then OAK erased him from the field. If his pass coverage was good and his rush opportunities were limited I have no issue with his statline.

But that OAK game was really bad. 

29 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Idk what hai stats are but I'd like to see how many times he has been sent to rush the QB. Seems like he was put in a LOT of pass coverage when Roquan was out and then OAK erased him from the field. If his pass coverage was good and his rush opportunities were limited I have no issue with his statline.

But that OAK game was really bad. 

This is not necessarily comprehensive, but according to PFR, Floyd has blitzed 12 times this season.

He won't shine in a game like Oakland. But with Nichols returning and the offense getting on track hopefully the Bears can keep him a bit cleaner and give him more opportunities to use his athleticism in coverage and rushing the passer.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, topwop1 said:

You dont?  You'd trade up into the top 10 and hope to get next to no pass rusher from your edge rusher?   He is a bust. I'm hoping we don't grossly overpay him. If he wants half of what he's making now on a new contract let him walk. If we spent a mid round pick and got his "production" I'd be fine with it.  That's not the case. 

50 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

You dont?  You'd trade up into the top 10 and hope to get next to no pass rusher from your edge rusher?   He is a bust. I'm hoping we don't grossly overpay him. If he wants half of what he's making now on a new contract let him walk. If we spent a mid round pick and got his "production" I'd be fine with it.  That's not the case. 

No I do not.  It's not all about number of sacks when I look at how productive a DE/OLB is.  Floyd is still good applying pressure and is also stout against the run.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

No I do not.  It's not all about number of sacks when I look at how productive a DE/OLB is.  Floyd is still good applying pressure and is also stout against the run.

He is good against the run but all he does as a rusher is apply some pressure and that isn't even consistent. 

Would you resign him and if so ballpark how much