Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

55 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

That's not how the NFL works mate.

Nobody thought in a million years they would lose to the Bucs.

Really wouldn't be that surprising if they dropped one to the Cardinals.

And you're saying there's no way they beat the Bears or Cowboys or get revenge at home vs the Seahawks and we have no shot in a rematch vs the Niners. It goes both ways. I'm not saying we win out but write us off if you want it's going to be rough rebounding from these last 3 games. 

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Elite corner is valuable.

Ultimately though, QB and pass rush are without a doubt more valuable. We just got more for Jalen than the Raiders did for Mack and the Jalen wanted to get out and made it clear.

We came away well off. We'd be better with him sure, but we got great value in a situation that was less than ideal.

No doubt we got alot but wasnt Mack a FA already? Technically the Rams have 26 more games of Jalen before paying so thats probably why he cost more

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

No doubt we got alot but wasnt Mack a FA already? Technically the Rams have 26 more games of Jalen before paying so thats probably why he cost more

They aren't going to have him ride out a tag next year...

Mack WANTED to be a Raider. Jalen faked injury and went on rants about the org in the media.

One is not like the other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You kind of just proved my point lol

Did I? So the Mack trade was terrible? The Tunsil trade was terrible? Just because 1 singular player (non-QB) can't will a team to a SB doesn't mean 1 singular player can't lift the team's ceiling.

How about I turn the question around then. When was the last time 2 back to back 1st round picks in the 15-32 range has willed a team to a Super Bowl?

Edited by LeotheLion

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Did I? So the Mack trade was terrible? The Tunsil trade was terrible? Just because 1 singular player (non-QB) can't will a team to a SB doesn't mean 1 singular player can't lift the team's ceiling.

How about I turn the question around then. When was the last time 2 back to back 1st round picks in the 15-32 range has willed a team to a Super Bowl?

Uhhh   Warren Sapp Derrick Brooks??   I have no idea just throwing **** out there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sryan66611 said:

Uhhh   Warren Sapp Derrick Brooks??   I have no idea just throwing **** out there

Good example. Not quite the criteria but I'd say it works decently well. That was 25 years ago and I don't think anyone would say those guys willed the Bucs to the Super Bowl. They were clearly an integral part just like elite corners have been integral parts of several SB teams.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

It just might. Solves some big defensive problems for us.

Going to need Littleton to rediscover his mid-season form from last year.  But being able to man-up and play on top of receivers is going to (hopefully) give officials no choice but to start calling the holds on Donald because we should be able to cover long enough that it'll be blatantly obvious he is being held if he isn't in the QB's grill.

OL still needs to sort itself out, but I'm mildly confident that one of Edward and Evans can at least push Demby (if not push past him) if Noteboom misses any significant time.  Jury's out on how much, or even if, Corbett now pushes Allen, but I remember liking him during his draft process (though it may have been more as a guard, I'd have to check my notes).  Les is trying though, which he has to be given credit for, because I can rattle off a number of teams whose fans would be dancing in the streets if their GM's were to at least do that; the other LA team comes to mind.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You dont want to set the Market fine.You have your parameters now, go get PP and or Harris for what HAS TO BE less given their age. Otherwise my original post still stands! Man up!

What if Von Miller and a lesser corner is acquired? You never know what Howie has up his damn sleeve. You're assuming he's sitting on his keester twittling his thumbs that's not emotional Intelligence if Howie had LA to sell he might set the market.

Man brought a superbowl when chip Kelly wanted to trade for marcus Mariota 2 years prior. Sometimes the best moves are the ones not made. Respect him .

Edited by thebestever6

5 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Good example. Not quite the criteria but I'd say it works decently well. That was 25 years ago and I don't think anyone would say those guys willed the Bucs to the Super Bowl. They were clearly an integral part just like elite corners have been integral parts of several SB teams.

Yep they still had to have some good draft picks to make it work and FA acquisitions.

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

They aren't going to have him ride out a tag next year...

Mack WANTED to be a Raider. Jalen faked injury and went on rants about the org in the media.

One is not like the other.

Not trying to be a Richard in this, but who was the last 1st rounder the Jags drafted that they actually paid a top-dollar 2nd contract to as opposed to letting them walk in free agency?  I genuinely can't remember.  And while that might be more of a condemnation of Gene Smith's drafting in the past, it's difficult to argue that the trend wasn't visible that Ramsey had reason to believe he was never going to see the contract he wanted in Duval.  While the Rams will have to get creative with cap structure moving forward, the money is there and the cap space is there next year and the year after to pay him, and they just shelled out three top-tier-positional contracts to their own, so that would suggest more reason to have confidence he'd be paid lucratively in LA as long as his play doesn't fall off (like Marcus Peters' did).

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What if Von Miller and a lesser corner is acquired? You never know what Howie has up his damn sleeve. You're assuming he's sitting on his keester twittling his thumbs that's not emotional Intelligence if Howie had LA to sell he might set the market.

Man brought a superbowl when chip Kelly wanted to trade for marcus Mariota 2 years prior. Sometimes the best moves are the ones not made. Respect him .

Given the kind of dead cap hit that the Broncos would have to eat to trade him, you can pretty much take Miller's name out of your mouth.  The guy's contract structure makes him pretty much unmovable.