Week 7: NE Pats vs NY Jets MNF

Bobby816

7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

That is not true at all the sports radio station down here in Orlando do not underrate Darnold. Both Darnold & Rosen with the right offensive teams around them would be outstanding QB, Cleveland Browns made a huge mistake by not takin Darnold, with the first overall pick in the draft.

Not sports radio. I've seen a lot of people talking up Darnold and realizing that hes gonna be really good. I'm talking about posters on here, they act like Darnold is a scrub. Not many realize that this team just isn't good and hes playing on the worst team from the 2018 draft class, besides Rosen, and hes making players better whenever he plays.  If Douglas can get Darnold a good OL, and some weapons. Watch out. Darnold may end up making Adam Gase look like a offensive genius again lol. 

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Not sports radio. I've seen a lot of people talking up Darnold and realizing that hes gonna be really good. I'm talking about posters on here, they act like Darnold is a scrub. Not many realize that this team just isn't good and hes playing on the worst team from the 2018 draft class, besides Rosen, and hes making players better whenever he plays.  If Douglas can get Darnold a good OL, and some weapons. Watch out. Darnold may end up making Adam Gase look like a offensive genius again lol. 

On the Gase part I said when we hired him that cerebrally Cutler, Tannehill and all those other QBs just couldn’t keep up with what he was trying to do and that’s why he had to sacrifice to try to win. But that’s also why he ran out of Miami when he saw all the opportunities at his disposal. He knew getting with Darnold, who’s mentally there, would allow him to really put his offense out there and we saw it and it’s only going to get better. 

Darnold is going to the line with 2 or 3 plays and is making great decisions but Gase is the one drawing it all up and guys are running open. I don’t remember ever really seeing that as a Jets fan. 

Gase/Darnold is a great match

You can see how excited Gase gets with Sam. He loves that he has a QB who is smart enough to make presnap reads and adjust. Also his ability to read a defense, take what they give him, step into pockets and make off angle throws. Its pretty special. 

And I agree, Stephone Gilmore is the best CB in football. All the hype of Ramse,y but its Gilmore right now.

Edited by NYJets4716

Probably the biggest game of Sam's NFL career to-date. It sounds like Edoga will be his LT in place of Beachum (Shell back to RT). Alex Lewis is expected to play. Kalil is tentative, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he were active as Harrison's backup in an emergency situation. Chris Herndon is unlikely, but the rest of the skill group appears to be intact. 

Huge blow that Hewitt isn't playing. He's been a consistent pass rusher from the ILB spot and would've been great to have with Mosley coming back. Hairston will play; I really hope we get him more involved this week. Don't understand why he went from playing 97% of the snaps in week 2-3 to zero in week 5 (prior to injury). He played on special teams, so it couldn't be purely do to injury...

• Like 2

Like always with the pats we need to keep the ball out of Brady's hands. Cant have a bunch of 3 and outs. Also we cant let Edelman hurt us. They're without Gordon so he's the key for Brady at WR. I think they abandon the run mostly against us and do quick passes to Edelman and White. And we have to stop that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Like always with the pats we need to keep the ball out of Brady's hands. Cant have a bunch of 3 and outs. Also we cant let Edelman hurt us. They're without Gordon so he's the key for Brady at WR. I think they abandon the run mostly against us and do quick passes to Edelman and White. And we have to stop that.

Their gameplan is going to be heavy on screens and swing routes to white. Greg Williams is a blitz heavy guy so those screens with be extremely dangerous. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Thankfully Brian Poole has been our top CB, and really good manning the slot in general. Having him should help RE: Edelman, but Mosley will be big as well (in terms of setting up the defense/covering in zone). 

The Patriots will be without their top receiver (Gordon) and rusher (Burkhead) from week 3. Their skill group will likely consist of RBs White/Michel/Bolden/Harris, WRs Edelman/Dorsett/Meyers/Olszewski, and TEs Watson/Tomlinson. They're still going to find ways to generate offense, but the Jets need to show up. In terms of sheer talent, our defense matches up well against their offense. 

• Like 2

Just realized the Pats are on a tour against young QBs. Last week they had Daniel Jones. Darnold today, Baker next week and Lamar the week after.  

Daniel Jones played not so good. Let’s see what our guy can do. 

Edited by SDotNova