Week 7: NE Pats vs NY Jets MNF

Bobby816

I think this is the game Quinnen has his coming out party. I’m expecting at least one sack from him. 

Like last week, it’s hard to expect a win. I think we keep it close, but ultimately lose at the end. They’re a bad matchup for us.

Im most excited to see Darnold go up against their D. Curious to see how BB defends against him. Then how Gase and Darnold react. Who do the Pats takeaway? I’m thinking they play against the run and dare Darnold and our WR to beat them in the passing game. Should be fun to watch.

Edited by SDotNova

22 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Didn't think he was much of a factor this year, appreciate the feedback. 

What's the status with Gordon? Any other major question marks for Monday night? 

Not sure actually. I doubt he plays. Perhaps Questionnable.

How about Mosely? I've not been keeping up

29 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Mosley went from questionable week 2 to probably out until week 9 at this rate. Doesn’t seem like him or Herndon playing again this week. 

22 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope you're right. Few things that I don't like for us in this game is that w ehavent got to the passer. And to let the best QB ever have all day to throw isn't a good recipe. On top of that we don't have a good secondary to make up for the lack of pass rush. Only way we create pressure is by blitzing those valuable guys in coverage it seems.... aloowing Brady to get rid of the ball fast and hurt us.

Jordan Jenkins is showing that he could be the pass rusher we've been looking for. He has 2 sacks and 4 QB hits in pretty much 2 games (got injured early in the first quarter against CLE). He had 3 of 8 total hits against DAL. Getting Mosley back should also help tremendously, as it will allow the Jets to move Hewitt and Cashman around more - most notably Hewitt, who has been incredible rushing the passer this season (2 sacks, 6 QB hits). All this is fine and good, but ultimately this will be a Gregg Williams game. He needs to call an A game. 

In terms of injury updates: 

• Mosley doing individual work today. Goal is to practice tomorrow.
  • Hairston, Anderson working with Strength & Conditioning. Goal is to practice tomorrow.
  • Beachum, Herndon rehab only. 

Sounds pretty likely that Mosley will play; Gase said he "wants to give it a go." Also weighing whether to start Edoga or Shell on the left-side if Beachum can't go. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Hopefully he practices in full tomorrow, in which case I'd expect him to play. His injury has been extremely unpredictable though. 

Watched a breakdown of Chuma on twitter. He has been impressive. His foot speed is something special. We should have a real building block on the OL, should be a starter for years. Good 3rd round pick.  

Now we just need to get another OT, center, and OG this offseason. Hopefully Alexis Lewis can keep playing well and looks like a starter on the OL for us. But we should upgrade over Beachum this offseason. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Watched a breakdown of Chuma on twitter. He has been impressive. His foot speed is something special. We should have a real building block on the OL, should be a starter for years. Good 3rd round pick.  

Now we just need to get another OT, center, and OG this offseason. Hopefully Alexis Lewis can keep playing well and looks like a starter on the OL for us. But we should upgrade over Beachum this offseason. 

His biggest issues thus far have been purely mental errors. Should clean up as time goes on. Selfishly I want to see him play LT this week... could be a major positive if we can pencil him in as a starter (either side) entering next season

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

His biggest issues thus far have been purely mental errors. Should clean up as time goes on. Selfishly I want to see him play LT this week... could be a major positive if we can pencil him in as a starter (either side) entering next season

We looked better when he was moved from RT to LT with Shell

There are still doubters on Sam out there lol. Thing is this isn't new. He did the same thing at USC that he did Sunday. He took a bad team and elevated them to winning games. The guy is a leader and a extremely talented QB, only 22 years old! But people want to say hey hes a USC QB so hes gonna bust. 

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I think I saw the same clip on twitter and his foot speed really stood out, hard not to get excited. I also remember him getting tossed around vs. Philly so I'm not quiet there yet. If he can solidify a starting spot going forward that would obviously be huge. 

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

I think I saw the same clip on twitter and his foot speed really stood out, hard not to get excited. I also remember him getting tossed around vs. Philly so I'm not quiet there yet. If he can solidify a starting spot going forward that would obviously be huge. 

A lot of the sacks vs Philly were because Falk was terrible, held the ball too long, walked into sacks, and didnt know how to read a defense.

He looked good vs a  elite pass rusher last week. Hes not there yet, but he has the ability to be a top end tackle with his athleticism.  Something someone like Shell simply doesn't have, 

• Like 1