How To Fix A Broken Offense......

soulman

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

That is why we are going to see a veteran signed who can start. Bridgewater or Foles.

The draft is too big a risk for Pace.

This defense is ranked 6th in the league right now. Which is insane considering how bad the O has been most of the year.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

That is why we are going to see a veteran signed who can start. Bridgewater or Foles.

The draft is too big a risk for Pace.

Have you looked at Foles' contract and cap hits / dead money? He's not going anywhere. 

Bridgwater... Someone is going to pay that dude out of desperation. But hey, if he comes here for 7 to 8 million per, we can punt Daniel out of here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Have you looked at Foles' contract and cap hits / dead money? He's not going anywhere. 

Bridgwater... Someone is going to pay that dude out of desperation. But hey, if he comes here for 7 to 8 million per, we can punt Daniel out of here. 

Foles would cost us 16 next season and be dead cap of 18 million for the Jags which would save them 4 million. He is traceable.

Bridgewater is going to get paid Foles money 22/season. 

I am not sure what other options we have. We need someone who can start and we don’t want to rush a draft pick.

22 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Bridgewater is going to get paid Foles money 22/season. 

Are you sure of that? Who, exactly, is paying him that? The Dolphins are drafting Tua, and I'm guessing the Bengals (or a dark horse) are drafting Hebert? 

Who does that leave? 

18 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Are you sure of that? Who, exactly, is paying him that? The Dolphins are drafting Tua, and I'm guessing the Bengals (or a dark horse) are drafting Hebert? 

Who does that leave? 

I agree. Maybe Tampa or Tennessee, but that's about it, and one of those two could take Burrow.

23 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Based on this tape, either Nagy is pre-determining the reads or Mitch is making the wrong decision on almost every play.

It's hard to believe this "looks good in practice".

He makes it clear that most of the blame falls on Nagy, not just the reads, but the designs, AND going away from what not is only sensible, but things Mitch is comfortable with. I mean...I've had similar thoughts during games, but having it laid out just like that...it's pretty damning. And, to think that Trubisky is taking a lot of flak he may not truly deserve...eek. 

And, to your last point, if it looks good in practice it's because the defense is ordered to let the offense just orchestrate plays. o.O

On 10/29/2019 at 3:43 PM, beardown3231 said:

What about sidearming a throw to Shaheen on the goal line and throwing a pass 3 yards behind Robinson on a slant on the goal line?

To be clear: you are calling this a side-arm throw? Freeze it and you'll see that's 3/4 at minimum.

Edited by G08