Denver trades WR Emmanuel Sanders to 49ers

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Still would put up numbers with a halfway decent QB. Nothing beats the box score scouting on this forum though.

His numbers on a struggling offense still dwarf those of our best receiver lol. It's pretty sad. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also should not be overlooked, and brought up by @J-ALL-DAY in the 49er forum. We do not have a lot of cap to be spending in free agency next year with guys to sign as well, so we shouldn't be active. If Sanders walks after the year, we would likely receive a late round comp pick the following year. 

i believe that is not the case because Sanders is a 10 year vet?

Just now, berlin calling said:

Pretty sure he would still work toward the comp formula, just not a high pick. Would be like a 6th or something. @Broncofan posted something about that in the deadline thread, so maybe he can clarify

• Like 1

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

They don't have a 2nd next year, do they? Not sure how you bridge that gap if Elway won't settle for a 3rd and nobody's paying a 1st for a rental. 

Two ways I see it:

-NO trades their 2020 3rd and 2021 2nd.  Not so crazy about that...

The big one:

-NO trades their 2020 1st & 3rd for our 2nd.   It's at least 6-7 spots from late 2nd to end of 1st...and another Day 2 pick extra. 

3 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

You can get an end of 5th-7th, but you can't get an end-of-3rd-4th for 10-year vets.  It's why Sanders' ceiling was a 3rd, as opposed to Sanu's 2nd (along with Sanu's extra year under contract, big-body role, and his QBOTF status for NE lol).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

NO trades their 2020 1st & 3rd for our 2nd.   It's at least 6-7 spots from late 2nd to end of 1st...and another Day 2 pick extra. 

But New Orleans would be picking late first, we will be picking early second.  So it might be a couple of spots plus a third.

There's definitely value in that trade I'm just not crazyyy over it.

I think Harris is better than Sanu, even though he's a rental. He's still just 30 I think he's worth a second outright. But your scenario is a great option as well.

33 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

sucks for the Saints. Miss out on a guy who could have made the team better...and that player goes to one of your main competitors.

I don't think they're out of upgrading their team. Them and Philly are fighting for CHJ .

Edited by thebestever6

55 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Two ways I see it:

-NO trades their 2020 3rd and 2021 2nd.  Not so crazy about that...

The big one:

-NO trades their 2020 1st & 3rd for our 2nd.   It's at least 6-7 spots from late 2nd to end of 1st...and another Day 2 pick extra. 

I'd take them if it's what we can get, but I'd much rather a find a suitor who can give us a 2nd, we should be able to get a 1st round caliber player with our 2nd so moving up there doesn't move the needle that much for me. The priority for Denver IMO should be getting as many chances to strike gold on Day 2 as possible. I don't like getting shut out of the second round altogether.