BDL 2017 Week 1: Singapore Sentinels @ Orlando Ospreys

DingoLadd

Who wins  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Singapore Sentinel
    • Orlando Ospreys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2017 at 04:00 AM

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions

Singapore Sentinels

QB: Ben Roethlisberger 
RB1: LeVeon Bell
WR1: Keenan Allen
WR2: Mohamed Sanu
WR3: Larry Fitzgerald 
TE1: Jesse James
LT: Cordy Glenn 
LG: Lane Taylor
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Brandon Brooks
RT: Marcus Canon
--------------------
OL6: Andy Levitre
QB2: Nathan Peterman
RB2: Kareem Hunt
RB3: Zach Zenner
WR4: Tyler Lockett 
WR5: Devin Funchess
WR6: Corey Davis
TE2: Vance McDonald

DE: Everson Griffen
NT: Linval Joseph
DT: Johnathan Hankins
DE: Danielle Hunter 
SLB: Shaq Thompson
MLB: Deion Jones
CB: Trae Waynes
CB: Dre Kirkpatrick 
NCB: Jalen Mills
FS: Marcus Maye
SS: Sean Davis
--------------------
CB4: Quandre Diggs
CB5: Desmond King
S3: Duron Harmon 
LB3: Stephone Anthony
DE3: John Simon
DE4: Taco Charlton
DE5: Matt Judon
NT2: Jarran Reed

Orlando Ospreys

QB – Russell Wilson

RB – David Johnson

WR – Allen Robinson

WR – Alshon Jeffrey

WR – Martavis Bryant

TE – Rob Gronkowski

LT – Taylor Lewan

LG – Clint Boling

C – Travis Swanson

RG – Ali Marpet

RT – Lane Johnson

RB – Carlos Hyde

RB – Alvin Kamara

TE - CJ Fiedorowicz

DE – Vic Beasley Jr.

DT – Dontari Poe

DT – Ndamukong Suh

DE – Joey Bosa

MLB – Bobby Wagner

WLB – Danny Trevathan

CB – Jalen Ramsey

CB – Kevin King

CB – James Bradberry

FS – Tyrann Mathieu

SS – Keanu Neal

SINGAPORE Week 1

Another start to a BDL season. New Faces, New Places. Here’s to Us!

Offense

Base: 3WR, 1 RB, 1 TE (11 Personnel)

Big Ben returns for one more year with lots of new weapons at his disposal. Keenan Allen takes over as the #1 WR. We expect him to see coverage by Ramsey, Orlando’s best CB. Mohamed Sanu solidifies his role as the #2 with Fitzgerald taking over his dominant role in the slot. With Orlando’s thin secondary Big Ben will be able to hit the open man and move the chains.

The running game remains the focus of our offense with our entire talented OL returning for a second season intact. Le’Veon Bell is available for opening weekend for the first time in 3 years. Healthy and well paid, he’s the engine we’ll use to get into the endzone multiple times. Newcomer Kareem Hunt will spell Bell as needed without losing a beat. Both are capable receivers out of the backfield.

The TE’s James and McDonald are both excellent blockers and will keep Ben upright while opening lanes for the running backs. We plan to go to a 4 WR formation occasionally as well to stretch the secondary further and have packages for Lockett to get the ball in his electric hands, Red Zone looks for Funchess and playing time for Davis to get him experience.

Defense

Base: 4-2-5 Big Nickel

The focus this week will be on stopping Dange-Russ and David Johnson from running on us while allowing our improved secondary to cover the Osprey’s receivers man to man. With no Depth Chart to work from I won’t call out abusing specific players.

It starts up front with the big uglies. Griffen, Joseph, Hankins and Hunter form a solid DL that can both get after the QB and stop the run. Hankins extra bulk will be an asset this week for our run D. Rotating in Simon, Charlton, Judon and Reed will keep everyone fresh. 

Our Linebackers are fast and can cover anything Orlando throws at them. Deion Jones leads the defense and calls the plays. This week he has spy responsibility on keeping Wilson contained in the box. Shaq Thompson will get back to his roots this week and take early coverage responsibilities on Gronk as part of our plan to double cover him and jamming him at the line. 

Trae Waynes will cover the left side with Dre Kirkpatrick covering the right. They will take man coverage on the receiver opposite them. Jalen Mills will be in the slot and provide double coverage on Gronk. 

Sean David will play in the box to help keep David Johnson contained. On obvious passing plays he will clog the seams to limit dink and dunk passing. Marcus Maye gets the start this week and his job will be to have deep coverage.

Harmon, Diggs and King will rotate in as needed for 2 TE formations, etc.

Orlando Ospreys Writeup:

OFFENSE

Russel Wilson returns to Orlando this season with some of the top playmakers in the league at his disposal. This week against Singapore we plan to use a multifaceted attack featuring Russel Wilson’s ability to extend plays and Singapore’s youth in the secondary. While we respect Singapore’s interior run stuffing an offense based on mismatches with both Robinson and Bryant’s speed over the top to stretch out the secondary and Gronk, David Johnson, and Alshon in the intermediate passing game will spell trouble for Singapore. Singapore’s secondary outside of Dre Kirkpatrick features all rookies and second year players, motioning players and targeting multiple levels with multiple moves and extended routes should spell disaster for Singapore.

DEFENSE

On defense our goal is to shut down Le’Veon Bell and the running game. We will be running a version of the 4-2-5 featuring a two talented and heavy DTs as well as two sideline to sideline backers in Wagner and Trevathan at LB; Bell will be very limited in the running game. At Defensive end we feature the leading sack man in 2016 in Vic Beasley and the young talented Joey Bosa entering his second year after a double digit sack season. With those two tasked to bring down Big Ben and Bell limited in the running game we expect an opportunistic Honey Badger to help be the key to the game and winning the turnover battle.

Every game I've read so far has been super close. Both these rosters are without real weak spots. Both dominant OL and DL, both tons of play makers.

I think the keys here are Orlando's secondary is just a haaaaair less talented, less deep and as the game goes on, with having to worry about two very good RB's a big play or two can be had for Singapore.

Taking Singapore but barely.

I don't know what direction to go in here. I think Singapore's offense looks decent this year, though an upgrade at WR over Sanu would be a bonus, he's fine. Point shouldn't be an issue. Defensively though, that back 7 is not good. The passing game will be open despite the pass-rush. I think some weak days on the Orlando offensive front are what seals the loss here as what looks to a possible shootout will see them fall behind between a combination of this and Orlando's own issues prior. Singapore 20 - Orlando 17

I love Orlando passing attack here. They have weapons all around that complement each other really well. Both teams have super solid lines so the battle of tranches should be fun. Singapore doesn't necessarily have the weapons to exploit weak Orlando CBs but without bench players for Orlando  I think Ben gets a comeback win. Singapore 35-31

Hockey don't forget to put backups in your future gameplans. 

I give Orlando a pass on not having backups this week, but please remember to do so on future weeks.

I like Orlando here but barely as others have said. The back seven for Singapore is unproven, and I believe that Orlando's weapons will outproduce Singapore's weapons just enough to win.

This is very close for me as well.  Neither QB played great, both had some inconsistent play among their weapons, but both OLs played quite well.  The fronts for each defense are also very talented.  However, I trust the secondary for Orlando a bit more than Singapore to limit the big play.

Archived