gdt8: mesomorphic peckers versus KC kief's 2019 exclusive (MNF): bashaud's return to gorgeos green bay 2019 + "the incomparable" tony brown recoups his starting position PART UN

FinneasGage

la personne qui porte vingt-huit ans est celle qui nous sauve  

51 members have voted

1. 1. how the peck men gonna finish em

• godgers w/ the golden gogoplata (ate only asparagus)
    • JK47 w/ axe kick to the parietal lobe
    • martyred velveetas-sandalman w/ the osp (von flue) choke (4.38 speed)
    • zad'arce smith w/ the CHOP to the frontal lobe (previously utilized)
    • tony brown

Just now, waterfish_21 said:

Maybe, but Moore wasn't really making bad decisions.  Also they ran a lot of action at the LOS, lots of short scripted passes with 1 target.  They were able to give the play makers the ball quickly and let them run with it.  If we make one mistake on a blitz and the safety goes the wrong way its a TD, like the Kelce play for example.  Thinking that we shut this team down with those weapons for KC is a mistake, they didn't start the season looking like an all time offense for no reason, even without Pat Mahommes. 

You can try and disrupt Moore’s rhythm. Look, I said in the GDT that I admired KC’s gameplay, so I’m not taking anything away from them.  But when you play 10 - 15 yards off the fastest weapons in the league, you’re asking to get spanked.  Luckily, KC made just enough mistakes (dropped passes and a fumble) to allow Rodgers and Jones and company to win.  But it was torturous watching the defensive scheme they trotted out there tonight.

True but man can be beat by crossing/pick routes, something KC does a ton of, as much as the Patriots do.  I've seen so many TD's scored this year by KC vs m2m with a simple "pick" combo route that goes for 50 yards for a TD.

So you think Pettine’s scheme worked?  Had KC not dropped passes and fumbled, I’m not so sure it would have.  You can’t have guys playing 10-15 yards off speed demons man!

Just now, Sasquatch said:

You can try and disrupt Moore’s rhythm. Look, I said in the GDT that I admired KC’s gameplay, so I’m not taking anything away from them.  But when you play 10 - 15 yards off the fastest weapons in the league, you’re asking to get spanked.  Luckily, KC made just enough mistakes (dropped passes and a fumble) to allow Rodgers and Jones and company to win.  But it was torturous watching the defensive scheme they trotted out there tonight.

I think this was the game plan.  Don't get beat on back breaking 1 shot plays and let them earn everything underneath.  Its totally opposite of what we've seen from Pettine this year but we have feasted on turnovers, it worked for us today.  I don't see another team on the schedule that will give us this matchup problem, unless we meet in the Superbowl.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Because then those little dump off passes to Hill and Hardman on  flare routes were going to go for huge plays with alarming regularity.

Why were those flare routes going for huge gains with alarming regularity?  What Pettine trotted out there sure as hell didn’t stop it!

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

So you think Pettine’s scheme worked?  Had KC not dropped passes and fumbled, I’m not so sure it would have.  You can’t have guys playing 10-15 yards off speed demons man!

Had they not fumbled? It’s not like mccoy handed the ball to Lancaster, the defender made a play to cause it.

4 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I think Pettine is more than capable of implementing disguised pressures from several places.  The WORST idea on the freaking planet is to give the fastest players in the NFL time and space, which a zone scheme and time to throw allows, FFS.

What would you have done differently?

That's too generic. Who else is capable of getting home ?

My concern is the windows. Julianne Moore could have completed those passes tonight. Those windows are a weekly occurrence and I'd like to know why

I think this was the game plan.  Don't get beat on back breaking 1 shot plays and let them earn everything underneath.  Its totally opposite of what we've seen from Pettine this year but we have feasted on turnovers, it worked for us today.  I don't see another team on the schedule that will give us this matchup problem, unless we meet in the Superbowl.

We’ve already seen this scheme get worked over several times this year.  Tonight was the LAST place on earth I’d want the DB’s to play off the line.  Pressure Moore, make him beat you deep and hope your safeties can help.  Did you see us try and tackle tonight?  WTF was that sh!t?

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

He made the call to make KC have to work their way down the field with a lot of plays instead of letting them get 60 yard touchdowns, on the logical that "the offense is going to make a drive-ending mistake sooner or later".  This is a tried and true defensive strategy in football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

That's too generic. Who else is capable of getting home ?

My concern is the windows. Julianne Moore could have completed those passes tonight. Those windows are a weekly occurrence and I'd like to know why

Anymore generic than the scheme we saw tonight?  My God man, even you said it multiple times in the GDT about this defense.  So how does playing soft coverage close the windows you’re referring to?  Man coverage might, but it’s a better option than what we saw tonight.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I have watched all the Chiefs all 22's and its scary what one little mistake can do.  I don't think Pettine wanted big plays like what happened in Dallas.  I had zero expectations of our defense shutting this defense down even with Matt Moore at QB.  Great WR's can make any QB look good.  We held them to 24 points and 337 total yards.  Yes, we can't always depend on mistakes ( a rb that literally asks defenders to knock the ball out of his hands.)  But the bend don't break defense ( which I hate) worked good enough today.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

He made the call to make KC have to work their way down the field with a lot of plays instead of letting them get 60 yard touchdowns, on the logical that "the offense is going to make a drive-ending mistake sooner or later".  This is a tried and true defensive strategy in football.

Tried and true?  Nope, not buying it.  You just don’t give guys like Hill as much time and space as we did tonight.  And if you’re pressuring Moore, it’s doubtful that a backup QB is gonna burn you on the long plays.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

We’ve already seen this scheme get worked over several times this year.  Tonight was the LAST place on earth I’d want the DB’s to play off the line.  Pressure Moore, make him beat you deep and hope your safeties can help.  Did you see us try and tackle tonight?  WTF was that sh!t?

The Chiefs make every team look like this trying to tackle.  Jaire had a blown play where his teammate had outside leverage but he came in way to hard and one cut by Mecole was enough to make him look silly.  Jaire has a lot of HaHa syndrome, trying to make a big play every play instead of just making the play.  King was soft on some tackles sure.

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Anymore generic than the scheme we saw tonight?  My God man, even you said it multiple times in the GDT about this defense.  So how does playing soft coverage close the windows you’re referring to?  Man coverage might, but it’s a better option than what we saw tonight.

I don't know. Other teams play zone that's much tighter than the 5-8 yards we are allowing. Sending Martinez isn't the answer. Sending corners is all you got left and that's a risky proposition. Pettine is hanging his hat on Smithx2 and teams are on to it. I don't know how you switch that up. There isn't anyone on the inside to send. At the end of the day it's the back end coverage that has to be better. Not sure that Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor get home when guys are running that free

Edited by cannondale

3 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

I have watched all the Chiefs all 22's and its scary what one little mistake can do.  I don't think Pettine wanted big plays like what happened in Dallas.  I had zero expectations of our defense shutting this defense down even with Matt Moore at QB.  Great WR's can make any QB look good.  We held them to 24 points and 337 total yards.  Yes, we can't always depend on mistakes ( a rb that literally asks defenders to knock the ball out of his hands.)  But the bend don't break defense ( which I hate) worked good enough today.

One little mistake?  You want to count the number of mistakes we made on D tonight - several that lead to scores?  Look, I’m of the opinion a different strategy would’ve worked better - you’re not.  Cool.  Guess we’ll never know.