How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

37 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, I suppose he could see it as a possibility--if he feels the Chargers aren't doing enough to win, and the Bears are closer.

Don't know why he'd feel that way, though... 

He has 9 School age kids.

He refuses to take them out of school or disrupt their lives, so he commutes from SD to LA every single day.

• Like 2

Yeah I don't think Rivers ever plays for a different team, he won't move his kids to the other side of the country.

The other QB name who's contract is up at the end of the year and is currently a pending free agent... Tom Brady. The odds on him being a Bear next season are lonnnnggggg, but if you want a change of scenery for your last couple of years Tommy, feel free to come to Chicago. Prove you can do it without Belichick, I dare you. All I'm doing is throwing his name in the hat and then running away, but I would be all in on Brady.

2 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Yeah I don't think Rivers ever plays for a different team, he won't move his kids to the other side of the country.

The other QB name who's contract is up at the end of the year and is currently a pending free agent... Tom Brady. The odds on him being a Bear next season are lonnnnggggg, but if you want a change of scenery for your last couple of years Tommy, feel free to come to Chicago. Prove you can do it without Belichick, I dare you. All I'm doing is throwing his name in the hat and then running away, but I would be all in on Brady.

You can't run fast enough..

Not just because it's the Bears, and we seem cursed, but how likely do you think it is that Brady loses another step real soon? I'd hate to be the laughingstock again when Brady goes down in week 4 and we trot out Mitch again

22 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

You can't run fast enough..

Not just because it's the Bears, and we seem cursed, but how likely do you think it is that Brady loses another step real soon? I'd hate to be the laughingstock again when Brady goes down in week 4 and we trot out Mitch again

If anyone has watched Brady recently, he looks about 80% of what he was last year. I expect him to start declining big time by season's end.

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Losing sucks? Agreed

Mitch is playing scared? Agreed

The TE's suck? Agreed

O-line not playing good enough? Agreed

A high profile vet QB comes in to replace Mitch and Bears are right back in the mix?  I can't say I disagree but the TE and o-line needs to be a lot better as well.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The more research I do on Alex Smith, if healthy, it would not shock me if he is the guy that we bring in.

Washington will be motivated to move him and the only way to not kill there cap is a trade.

Will he be good to go health wise by next season tho?  I'm not sure.  I read a recent article on him from Halloween saying his leg was still swollen from the multiple surgeries he's had in the past year and is still walking with a limp.

Even if he cannot play next year I still think it would be valuable to bring him in as an assistant or someone who can mentor the QB.  We'll see.