Trade: Genard Avery (LB) from the Browns for 2021 4th

29 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I like this as i highly doubt we gave up much for him. 

I've heard a 4th in 2021 but I'm not sure if that's accurate. If he plays like he did last year and can build off of that, well worth it for you guys, IMO.

3 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

Rumored to be a 2021 4th. Theyre obviously really high on him, but not liking this deal if true. We'll see how it shapes up.

Odd, I wonder if they were trading Vaitai but Trent Williams being made available changed things last minute. More than I thought 

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I've heard a 4th in 2021 but I'm not sure if that's accurate. If he plays like he did last year and can build off of that, well worth it for you guys, IMO.

I’d hate it if that was true. 

4th round pick for a guy who wasn’t even on the field for the other team seems like we got robbed. 2021 pick or not. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

Howie should have an extra 3rd and two 4ths in comps once we cut Sendejo. Plenty of draft capital the next two years. Not worried about a 4th if he can get some rotation in as a pass rusher. And still, more than a couple guys walking this year to accumulate more comps for 2021. 

Still waiting on the real moves to put a dent into the draft picks. This is nothing though. 

26 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I’d hate it if that was true. 

4th round pick for a guy who wasn’t even on the field for the other team seems like we got robbed. 2021 pick or not. 

If there was a market, like it seems there was. You have to pony up.

If they loved him enough you’d say well why didn’t they draft him, but we didn’t have a 5th and he was long gone by then. So we would’ve had to have picked him over Josh Sweat or Maddox.

we need guys who will win on 4 man rushes so if he can do that it’s a fine price to pay a couple years down the line. Being only halfway through the 2nd year of his rookie contract is nice on a team that needs money and can’t afford vets soon.

good on the browns for getting value

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If there was a market, like it seems there was. You have to pony up.

If they loved him enough you’d say well why didn’t they draft him, but we didn’t have a 5th and he was long gone by then. So we would’ve had to have picked him over Josh Sweat or Maddox.

we need guys who will win on 4 man rushes so if he can do that it’s a fine price to pay a couple years down the line. Being only halfway through the 2nd year of his rookie contract is nice on a team that needs money and can’t afford vets soon.

good on the browns for getting value

Yeah, we don't see the inner workings of all the organizations interested in him, but it seems odd if people really wanted this guy that he didn't get moved earlier. Dude has barely played this year for whatever reason. Obviously I hope it works out just right now don't like what we gave up, if he is as good as most Browns fans seem to think he is we will be happy.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

they changed what they did there...but can't disagree 

Yea I get they changed schemes, but after Garrett their next leading sacker is Larry Ogunjobi with 3. So even as a situational edge rusher he should've seen the field more.

The Browns switched to a 4-3 scheme like us didn't they? Sort of a red flag to me.

Edited by Jlash

The 4th round is the starting point where I'm cool with taking fliers on guys. So I'm a fan of this trade. Browns fans seem upset, knowledgeable ones on this site. Film people, scouts like him. Yes, more than just his college film and measureables. Those are my gauges. And they all point a thumbs up for this one for the Eagles.

• Like 1

I remember watching his draft breakdown vids when he was playing MLB. I didn't really care for him as a LB, and he has 31" arms, so I'm not totally sold on him as anything more than bull rusher as a pass rusher, but hopefully he's picked up a few tricks.