The XFL

ET80

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

55k is all right but 27k is pretty laughable. That’s almost not minimum wage. 

It would be $27K for a couple months of wotk, as a worst case .... then you can go do minimum wage job from the remaining 8.5 months, if you like.

Edited by CriminalMind

Pays more than guys made while in college

Thats the one thing I dont get about how people complain about the play being "Bad"

People love college football (I personally don't really understand why), and while removing the obvious elite players who go to the NFL, any other league should consist of the rest of the top talent from the hundred or so college teams, that people watch in droves. The play should be at worst equivalent to college level

Why don't college level fans equate to fans of AAF/XFL, especially when it isn't going head to head with NCAA/NFL ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

Pays more than guys made while in college

Thats the one thing I dont get about how people complain about the play being "Bad"

People love college football (I personally don't really understand why), and while removing the obvious elite players who go to the NFL, any other league should consist of the rest of the top talent from the hundred or so college teams, that people watch in droves. The play should be at worst equivalent to college level

Why don't college level fans equate to fans of AAF/XFL, especially when it isn't going head to head with NCAA/NFL ?

Because there is a huge amount of tradition and things from college.   Also, a ton of alumni are still very passionate about their ala mater and follow them.    I dont think it has anything to do with the competition.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Its so important that the XFL games are all on real TV.

I watched the first week of the AAF and then the games disappeared so I could not care less.

That was...a puzzling move to that league. With so many channels out there, you'd think they could have come up with a better solution than what arrived upon...

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That was...a puzzling move to that league. With so many channels out there, you'd think they could have come up with a better solution than what arrived upon...

You mean something better than sky cam with no commentary or graphics?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Usually coaches that provide good college football games have their systems in place and run things the way they want to. This is different than that. I don’t think you should just look at the players and say “should be good football” without considering that this league is another experiment after the first few have failed.

Some of it should definitely be good football, especially down the stretch. But I think there’s gonna be a lot of settling in that happens first. 

39 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They were so desperate to be first that they didn't even get any sort of TV contract

• Like 1