Prequel to World War III Mafia: Night 5 (Send Yerr PMs!)

SwAg

1 minute ago, Forge said:

@ET80

You played it well as an investigator. We thought for sure that you were the role blocker, it was one of the reasons we kept you alive. We assumed you were blocking me every night, which meant if we could get your lynch, you'd flip scum. 

Thanks! I was blocked by the town block on N1, then was going to investigate Dome on N2 but was roleblocked by somebody - that's true.

I did make up the Pickle Rick press release... simply to get rid of the insane cop option for Orca.

I'm typically bad at this game, but I actually do OK when I get a few investigation roles or bodyguard roles. Then, I'm not exactly great, but not as bad as I usually am.

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

eventually relented on some issues because they were already spoiled on D1 and you were all whining relentlessly.  Mafia was supposed to be unaware of the Town survivor WC, but after two of you face planted on that, I relented and gave it to you.

Allowing town to PM fish was wrong and a bad way to set it up.  

It outed mwil and forge instantaneously.  Regardless of roles, it's just not fun. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

Yea I don’t remember him. My first game was (I think) the first James Bond game that you hosted. 

I was actually thinking about that game a few days ago. Those write-ups took me half a day, no joke.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Different hosts are different. Some answer all questions, some don’t. 

The only reason the game last so long was because of a ridiculously OP player that was on your squad ......

Let me put this into perspective for you. Lets say forge is outed d2. EVEN IF town had nailed every single invest from then on, it still would have taken AT LEAST 6 days for them to be able to get rid of forge and win (unless they managed to pick up on the unclear roles that could trump it). And that isn’t even counting if they had tried to lynch him anywhere in there. 

that means they literally would have gone a perfect 6/6 on their invests and 100% on their lynches and it still would have taken 6 days. 

just let that sink in. 

Our whole team was outed early except me. 2 by PM phishing, squire had some people hot on him, and Malf was scummy too. The OP aspect extended the game and gave us a chance...in a normal setup we are gone long before for sure

Also, its not necessarily that he couldnt answer, cause he did. It's the intent behind it and how he answered. I'm not going to get more into but I really disliked it.

Also what I think Pickle alluded to that we could have said in thread anyone was lynched and Swag would have done it...its just not a style I like. That's my opinion, and I believe the hosting was detrimental to the game/enjoyment on my end. I'm not going to say anymore to it. On to the next game put this in the past imo

12 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

yeah i was hoping to get invited to the maf chat

It was a grand old time. Good scum mates in this one. Everyone was active and participating, coming up with ideas and notions. Good activity 

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Our whole team was outed early except me. 2 by PM phishing, squire had some people hot on him, and Malf was scummy too. The OP aspect extended the game and gave us a chance...in a normal setup we are gone long before for sure

Also, its not necessarily that he couldnt answer, cause he did. It's the intent behind it and how he answered. I'm not going to get more into but I really disliked it.

Also what I think Pickle alluded to that we could have said in thread anyone was lynched and Swag would have done it...its just not a style I like. That's my opinion, and I believe the hosting was detrimental to the game/enjoyment on my end. I'm not going to say anymore to it. On to the next game put this in the past imo

Gave you a chance??? Literally the only reason town even stood a chance was because people nailed their hits at a 100% effectiveness ....... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I was actually thinking about that game a few days ago. Those write-ups took me half a day, no joke.

Oh, I could imagine. It was a damn good game for someone just starting in this whole mafia thing. 

kinda helps too that I absolutely killed it that game but still 

Edited by theuntouchable
  • Like 1

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

Allowing town to PM fish was wrong and a bad way to set it up.  

It outed mwil and forge instantaneously.  Regardless of roles, it's just not fun. 

Well, maybe you all could not do it?  I didn’t think people would just come out and say they can win with scum on D1.  It was supposed to be a mechanic where Town can jump ship because they’re Sorta Evil.  But, lo and behold, Dome claimed his WC on D1 because I never told him that he couldn’t.

But at the same time, if you’re scum and you willingly engage in a PM Game or try to score Town points from a point of ignorance, you sorta deserve the faceplant.

But really, how no one said “PM games are lame and against the spirit of the game” is beyond me, especially since I still make fun of matts for relying upon it.  Dome = matts.

• Like 1

In fairness, I don't think that the PM thing would have outed me. Pickle brought it up, but I have a past precedent of avoiding those pm conversations even as town (Marvel mafia). While people still may have doubted me for that, I Don't know that it would have been a death knell or anything for me vote wise. I just don't like getting into the pm discussion, whether I'm town or mafia. Personally, it's a spirit of the game thing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Well, maybe you all could not do it?  I didn’t think people would just come out and say they can win with scum on D1.  It was supposed to be a mechanic where Town can jump ship because they’re Sorta Evil.  But, lo and behold, Dome claimed his WC on D1 because I never told him that he couldn’t.

But at the same time, if you’re scum and you willingly engage in a PM Game or try to score Town points from a point of ignorance, you sorta deserve the faceplant.

But really, how no one said “PM games are lame and against the spirit of the game” is beyond me, especially since I still make fun of matts for relying upon it.  Dome = matts.

Forge did not engage and that is what caught him d1 from me.  so 1 was caught by engaging and 1 was caught by avoiding it.  

Also you should know by now @Dome has a meta for revealing wincons d1 :ph34r: