Draft Talk 2020

SmittyBacall

20 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I could see them falling in love with Herbert at the senior bowl.  Lions drafting Anthony Gordon  at some point seems perfect.

They might fall in love, but Burrow will still be #1 in their hearts and minds.

20 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I could see them falling in love with Herbert at the senior bowl.  Lions drafting Anthony Gordon  at some point seems perfect.

That's how divorces happen.  Burrow is the one you marry, but years down the road, Herbert is the one that tempts you, and afterwards, you wonder why you ever even thought about it.

Another mock draft Monday, this time 7 rounds.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-13-at-8-37-50-AM.png

Burrow, plus potential starters at RT (Becton) and LG (Muti).  Speed on defense with Winfield and Barry.  Also, I'd like to add McDonald as a backup QB.  My thinking is if your starter goes down, it's good to have an athletic QB who has enough arm to make defenses defend the entire field.  I'd like to see the Bengals take Cole McDonald on Day 3 and work on developing him along with Dolegala...

27 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Another mock draft Monday, this time 7 rounds.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-13-at-8-37-50-AM.png

Burrow, plus potential starters at RT (Becton) and LG (Muti).  Speed on defense with Winfield and Barry.  Also, I'd like to add McDonald as a backup QB.  My thinking is if your starter goes down, it's good to have an athletic QB who has enough arm to make defenses defend the entire field.  I'd like to see the Bengals take Cole McDonald on Day 3 and work on developing him along with Dolegala...

I like it, but it means we have to get at least one starting LB in free agency not names Vigil

31 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

With all the LBs that are going back to college, this will need to happen.  The decision was Troy Dye or Beckton in the 2nd round, and I decided to take the beast OT...

I've seen Dye anywhere from the second to fourth round, so maybe he's still an option.  You stole Mims in this BTW.  Second rounder most years, no later than the fourth in this year's.  In reality, I could see Windfield in the third and Mims in the fourth in yours, then take an IOL later on, as we have Mill;er, Hopkins, Jordan and Price already (not saying that they are all good, mind you) 

18 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I've seen Dye anywhere from the second to fourth round, so maybe he's still an option.  You stole Mims in this BTW.  Second rounder most years, no later than the fourth in this year's.  In reality, I could see Windfield in the third and Mims in the fourth in yours, then take an IOL later on, as we have Mill;er, Hopkins, Jordan and Price already (not saying that they are all good, mind you) 

Muti has some medical concerns but without them, he's probably the best guard in the entire draft.  Worth the risk IMO to solidify that OL. He is an absolute bully in the middle: 

I don't mind John Miller at RG (for now), but we need competition at LG.  Billy Price needs to be cut/traded, I hope he proves me wrong but he hasn't shown anything thus far to keep a roster spot.

Agreed, that I don't see Mims dropping that far but there's a lot of quality WRs in this draft...

29 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Becton is maybe my favorite pick at 33, but I worry he will be a first rounder when it's all said and done. 

Yeah, if he was off the board I most likely go to another position and let Fred Johnson compete with Hart for RT.  But with Becton there on the board, I couldn't pass up that kind of talent.

If we want to have a top OL, guys like Michael Jordan, Fred Johnson, and Bobby Hart are ideally backups that can fill in.  I was impressed with both Johnson and Jordan the last couple of games but we faced some weak talent.  I'd rather not rely on hope that they can do that against elite talent...

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

If we want to have a top OL, guys like Michael Jordan, Fred Johnson, and Bobby Hart are ideally backups that can fill in.  I was impressed with both Johnson and Jordan the last couple of games but we faced some weak talent.  I'd rather not rely on hope that they can do that against elite talent...

Exactly.  Those are potentially great options to turn to in case of injury, or if the FA and draft don't go their way.  But they shouldn't be the plan A.

• Like 1