Week 9 GDT

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Dome said:

It was uncatchable.

It wasn't far enough off to be called uncatchable imo. I wouldn't complain either way but minus the initial arm grab and subsequent stumble it would have at least been close and I'd lean towards it being a penalty before and after the review.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

To be fair, I think it was catchable. But what the hell even is the point of letting these things be challenged if 5% of them get overturned. It's a smack in the face to Saints fans. "We'll make that challengeable, but it's not going to make a lick of difference in the world. That will placate those Saints fans." 

Ehhh. I thought the rule was intended to overturn once a season type calls. Hell maybe just overturn once in a decade type calls.

coaches need to learn to just stop challenging unless it’s a play like we saw in the saints game 

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

To be fair, I think it was catchable. But what the hell even is the point of letting these things be challenged if 5% of them get overturned. It's a smack in the face to Saints fans. "We'll make that challengeable, but it's not going to make a lick of difference in the world. That will placate those Saints fans." 

They sued the league.  Was the call a horrifically bad call?  Yes.  But if you, as fans, file a class-action lawsuit against the league over a blown call, you deserve to get shoddy recompense like this.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

It wasn't far enough off to be called uncatchable imo. I wouldn't complain either way but minus the initial arm grab and subsequent stumble it would have at least been close and I'd lean towards it being a penalty before and after the review.

Yes, you're not biased in this matter at all.