Your 2019 MVP: Russell Wilson

BayRaider

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Wilson, Watson, Mahomes, Wentz, Brees, Rodgers are all in the discussion Dak as well

You can't argue with the efficiency of an offense lol.

LaMar isn't a game manager, he's just an inexperienced and inefficient passer. (Which in a way is good because that means he still has more room to improve).

Wentz, Brees, and Dak have no business being in the MVP discussion TBH.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

LaMar isn't a game manager, he's just an inexperienced and inefficient passer. (Which in a way is good because that means he still has more room to improve).

The second part of your post is irrelevant to me I just wanna hear your definition of game manager?

I also wanna know why Lamar isn't a top 10 one in your mind given the fact he's leading the number 1 most efficient attack atm?

Managing the run game is a part of managing a game lol. That's why zombie Peyton won a Superbowl a long with a great defense. 

That's  why Big D Nick won in 2017 top 5 oline and he was a top 10 game manager that playoff run.

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

The second part of your post is irrelevant to me I just wanna hear your definition of game manager?

A Game manager is a QB who doesn't lose the game, a Good QB is a someone who can WIN the game on a consistent basis. LaMar produces and puts his team in position to win, even if he still needs to improve as a passer. Over time, he'll still be a dual threat, but he'll run less and pass more as he gains more experience.

14 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I see a Kaepernick/ Newton like career for Lamar the star will burn brightest but the length of the brightness will not last long. The pattern of the last 10 years show that's irrelevant and that's the way the league is going 

I think the over-constraining of Lamar's career trajectory to a very limited and intentionally narrow set of QBs who ran a lot is one of the biggest cases of fake-smart going around NFL commentary. 

But also... I don't get why those are toxic data points. How many quarterbacks have been drafted in the last decade? Well over 100. How many of these Quarterbacks have made a super bowl? By my count, it's only 4:

Kaep
Cam
Wilson (who averaged >100 rushes per year for the first 4 years of his career)
Sir Nick Foles

Given that^, it's pretty freakin ridiculous that everyone wants us to not be excited about Lamar because he's going to be unsustainable like Kaep was. Kaep had a way more relevant on-field career than like 95+% of QBs who've started their careers in recent memory.

**Disclaimer for wild speculation on my part**: If Colin Kaepernick chose to focus fully on football (ignoring whether that would have been good or bad) and had Lamar's worth ethic and focus on being a pro athlete, he would still be talked about as a star player in the NFL in 2019. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

On 11/5/2019 at 8:46 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dak's season pace:

• 36 Total TDs
  • 4,760 yards
  • 8.7 ypa

Those numbers have been hit 4 times in NFL history:

• 1984 - Dan Marino - Won MVP
  • 2001 - Kurt Warner - Won MVP
  • 2016 - Matt Ryan - Won MVP
  • 2018 - Pat Mahomes - Won MVP

On 11/5/2019 at 8:58 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The 8.7ypa is a rare feat for a productive passer.

If you lower the threshold to just 20 TDs, 3500 yards, and 8.7 ypa, it's still only happened 15 times, with 9 (NINE!) winning MVP.

1 Russell Wilson 1 1 1 4 2 1.8 --
2 Patrick Mahomes 2 3 15 1 1 4.4 --
3 Drew Brees 6 10 2 3 5 5.2 +1
4 Dak Prescott 9 2 7 5 6 5.8 -1

"No business" lol

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Kaep
Cam
Wilson (who averaged >100 rushes per year for the first 4 years of his career)
Sir Nick Foles

What is unsustainable QBs to you? Since 2010

In my mind that's a 10 year career. 

-Luck wasn't that

-Tebow wasn't that

- Mariota wasn't that

- RG3 wasn't that

- Colin Kaepernick wasn't that 

-Russell Wilson is that

in my opinion Wentz/Watson are borderline ala Cam Newton. 

- Bortles wasn't that

- Manziel wasn't that 

My fingers hurt my point is Ravens even if he has a short shelf life got a steal.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

LaMar produces and puts his team in position to win, even if he still needs to improve as a passer. Over time, he'll still be a dual threat, but he'll run less and pass more as he gains more experience.

That's a game manager to me and a top 10 one at that. Even with his limitations hes keeping the most efficient offense in the NFL on schedule at the moment. 

Tom Brady is the best situational game manager of my lifetime watching football. Russell Wilson and Peyton Manning are up there as well even though they have two completely different playstyles. 

Patrick Mahomes while great wasn't the number 1 game manager last year he scored too quickly leaving his defense out to dry.

16 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

When you say Game Manager I'm picturing Alex Smith. Lamar isn't that

Well you have the wrong picture lol. Game manager comes in all shapes and sizes and you know a good one based on time of possesion and points per possession. 

You're a dinosaur in the way you think football wise. Good news is you can always change your mindset. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Dude has 10 turnovers.

And yet, even with that, he is the #4 ranked QB in the nfl, according to AN EAGLES FAN who has been critical of Dak for 4 years now. 

Dak historically has not been a turnover machine. He is playing more aggressive this year. Plus some of those hit the receiver right in the hands and were just unlucky drop/bounces. And yes, I know you can say that for every QB. 

On 11/4/2019 at 2:16 PM, Danger said:

You're vastly oversimplifying it, and you're just not giving credit to those who deserve it more. Mahomes, Watson, and more importantly Wilson. LaMar Jackson has a better cast around him and a better defense.

Danger what is up with you recently? You're better than this. Take the 10 seconds to look up our defensive rankings this year. The Ravens defense is a below-average unit at best.