Your 2019 MVP: Russell Wilson

BayRaider

2 hours ago, Danand said:

I don’t know. Apparently the demand for league MVP is confined to a very specific type of QB – a QB which is basically either the pocket passer like Brady/Manning, or the playmaker like Rodgers/Wilson/Mahomes/Watson who runs, but doesn’t run too much.

Listen you sound like me defending tebow in 2011. Tebow was a niche QB because of his flaws.

Lamar has some staying power though he has some electric skills you can't coach. He may have a 5 year prime via a franchise runningback but those 5 years may be superbowl contending. 

That's why at pick 32 barring injury that was the steal of the 2018 NFL draft.

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I mean, here are the league leaders in that stat: 

• Fitzmagic - 25.7%
  • Daniel Jones - 24.9%
  • Matthew Stafford - 23.4%
  • Ryan Tannehill - 21.4%
  • Kyle Allen - 20.4%
  • Mason Rudolph - 20%
  • Andy Dalton
  • Josh Rosen 
  • Jameis Winston

Here are the guys at the bottom of that stat, all far less than 15%

• Drew Brees
  • Cousins
  • Mahomes
  • Ryan 
  • Flacco
  • Jimmy G
  • Aaron Rodgers 
  • Tom Brady

Which really does tell you how inportant that stat is. I hope i dont have to illustrate why. Unless people really think the bottom qbs just have amazing vision and are always finding open targets. I will fall on that sword. I have soooo much more respect for qbs who throw in tight windows and arent in systems that help scheme multiple open targets. I know all the top qbs have very good vision and on alot of occasions they are going through their reads to find the open target. But with the increases amount of pressure from blitzes and improved pass rush, that isnt the case anywhere close to a majority of the time. Its alot of 1 to 2 read plays.

I dont know why everyone doesnt. Its funny because when rbs are running through wide open lanes, everyone and their mom will discredit the back for the back who is gaining yds with the smallest of gaps/holes/lanes to navigate through.

Obviously high agg% with a high passer rating for me/ attempts is my new barometer personally.

Edited by Bearerofnews

Right Now:

1. Russell Wilson by a wide margin.

2. CMC

3. Deshaun Watson

4. Patrick Mahomes

5. Lamar Jackson

6. Tom Brady

7. Dalvin Cook

Season End:

1. Russell Wilson

2. Deshaun Watson

3. Patrick Mahomes

4. Tom Brady

5. Lamar Jackson

6. CMC

7. Dalvin Cook

CMC will certainly slow down a bit by the law of averages, plus the Panthers finish probably 8-8 eliminating him from "real" contention.

Also Tom Bradys season is getting really slept on. Like, big time. He is literally carrying that offense. Tom Brady is more valuable to that team right now than the entire defense. He is what is making the offense move, even slightly. The Line is not that good this year, they are definitely feeling the affects of no Trent Brown, Sony Michel is trash this year, Edelmen is the only reliable WR/TE he has and defenses focus in on him. He doesn't have AB, Gordon, Gronkowski. Brady is straight up grinding this year. He is 2nd in passing yards at 42 years old. He has 14 TDs 5 INTs and 3 QB Sneaks for TD's.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:16 PM, Danger said:

You're vastly oversimplifying it, and you're just not giving credit to those who deserve it more. Mahomes, Watson, and more importantly Wilson. LaMar Jackson has a better cast around him and a better defense.

This just proves you haven’t watched the games. The defense after the bye might ultimately prove to be a top 10-15 defense, but due to injury they’ve been a bottom 5-10 defense. Tony Jefferson going down with injury (he was that bad) and now adding Jimmy Smith (back from injury) and Marcus Peters (via trade) has transformed this defense.

But their defense is still rated below the Texans in points and yards per drive. And up until the game against the Patriots were rated below the Seahawks. So let’s be real, the defense didn’t show up during the first half of the year that we’re grading on.

Whats more you talk about how Lamar has terrible passing stats. Our offense is the number one team in points per drive, yards per drive, and drive success rate. Because the Ravens have one of the best ball control offenses of all time and is currently on pace to have the greatest rushing attack in the history of the NFL (especially when we consider this was the 31st ranked rushing attack prior to Lamar taking over last season), its incontestable that his impact is at a historically successful level.

But back to drive stats vs bulk stats, of course if the Ravens have less drives, Lamar will then in turn have a) less scores and b) less passing yards on a bulk scale. But as long as the offense continues to pace the league there is absolutely no way that Lamar shouldn’t be a top 3 MVP candidate... your logic is supremely flawed.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 8:17 PM, rocky_rams said:

Still can’t believe he was drafted in the third round. 

Dude has no weakness is his game. Watson also reminds me of him.

I think Watson will be another QB who’s going to become great 

The only reason he lasted until the 3rd was because he is vertically challenged.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 5:37 PM, Danger said:

If that's the case then in no way shape or form does he deserve if over McCaffery. Jackson isn't a top 10 QB, and he's not a top 10 offensive player overall, so I don't know where your MVP basis is coming from. Except (Top 5 in Time of possession) 

Was Jackson even in the conversation before his team beat NE?

12 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

So, if the Texans, Chiefs, or Ravens trade their QB's straight up for CMC, are those teams now better?

If you're looking at it in that sense, then Patrick Mahomes should just be handed the MVP trophy every year at the start of September.

MVP isn't exclusively who's the most valuable, but who has the most prolific season.

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

If you're looking at it in that sense, then Patrick Mahomes should just be handed the MVP trophy every year at the start of September.

MVP isn't exclusively who's the most valuable, but who has the most prolific season.

It's who's the most valuable to their team during the 2019 season. Mahomes missing time is going to hurt his case this year. But no one can seriously make an argument that the Panthers losing CMC for an extended period would be more impactful than the Seahawks, Packers, Texans, Ravens, Pats, and Chiefs losing their QB's for an extended period.

Edited by Art_Vandalay

On 11/4/2019 at 6:32 PM, thebestever6 said:

@BaltimoreTerp is Lamar Jackson a top 10 offensive weapon in the league this year? 

Are we looking for a Lamar MVP case? Well, it's a really easy case to make: The Ravens offense is the most efficient group in the league.  Lamar IS the Ravens' offense, to a greater degree than even most quarterbacks.

The job of all the offensive players is to move the ball and score points and the Ravens offensive is doing it better than anyone else (per opportunity to possess). The Ravens are 1st in points per drive (2.95) by a wide margin (Cowboys second at 2.65, KC close to them and then another dropoff). They are also 1st in yards per drive, drive success rate, and not surprisingly time of possession. The Ravens defense (which has absolutely looked better the past couple weeks) is still only 19th in fewest points allowed per drive, the offense is definitely keeping this team afloat. And I'm not going to discredit any of Lamar's supporting cast, because the whole organization deserves a lot of credit for building and playing around him, but everything that happens on any offensive snap is affected by Lamar. That includes the lanes the RB's get, the way pass rushers have to hold back, the way the secondary has to keep their eye on the backfield. You can't replace Lamar in the system, because Lamar is the system.

I've watched maybe 2 games of Wilson and Watson, and I think they're outstanding, and I've said and felt both were underrated as super stars before the season. I haven't seen anything to say they are NOT the MVP, and I'm sure you could make a pretty good case for them too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I haven't seen anything to say they are NOT the MVP, and I'm sure you could make a pretty good case for them too.

As of this moment in time my eye test tells me Lamar Jackson is a top 5 game manager in the League. Therefore, it is more likely than not he is a top 10 offensive weapon in the league. That's a fact... now can it remain for a whole season into a postseason I wouldn't bet against it lol. 

I see a Kaepernick/ Newton like career for Lamar the star will burn brightest but the length of the brightness will not last long. The pattern of the last 10 years show that's irrelevant and that's the way the league is going 

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

As of this moment in time my eye test tells me Lamar Jackson is a top 5 game manager in the League. Therefore, it is more likely than not he is a top 10 offensive weapon in the league. That's a fact... now can it remain for a whole season into a postseason I wouldn't bet against it lol. 

I see a Kaepernick/ Newton like career for Lamar the star will burn brightest but the length of the brightness will not last long. The pattern of the last 10 years show that's irrelevant and that's the way the league is going 

Top 5 game manager? Let's get you some contacts