Will Oakland make the playoffs?

TecmoSuperJoe

15 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Raiders can not lose to the Bengals or Jets. Actually, they really need to blow at least one of those teams out. All of their games have been tight. Defense should at least show up for the bottom feeders. 

What does it matter if it’s a blowout or not, a W is a W...

Just now, Geezy said:

What does it matter if it’s a blowout or not, a W is a W...

Exactly. I expect both of those to be close but both wins. Bengals have tons of talent Ryan Finley is a big upgrade to Andy Dalton. Jets will be close for the pure fact it's an east coast road game and west coast teams suck traveling to the east coast.

On 11/8/2019 at 5:29 AM, Danand said:

To be honest, I would still say that applies. While their record is much better than anticipated ( I don't believe their roster is this strong), and they have a decent playoff chance with their remaining schedule, their roster building and decisions have been a big mess. From the AB situation to drafting players based on their leadership abilities (Clelin Ferrell so far hasn't looked 4. th overall worthy) and then adding Incognito and Burfict to the roster, it really seemed/seems they shot in all directions.

If we had a better grasp on the cooperation between Gruden and Mayock, I think most of us would be more optimistic about the Raiders, as many seem to like Mayocks no nonsense approach to team and roster building.

Have you actually watched Incognito  this season? He's been a Monster as is the Addition of Brown. 

You mentioned shots in all directions as if the Raiders only had 1-2 holes to fill rather then 10-12? You have to take chances. Some work like two above some don't like AB /Burfict.

As for the Draft, can you name me a more impactful 2019 class contributing? I can't.  In the end people were dumping non stop on the debacle that was supposedly to 2019 JG led Raiders. A team with no direction, no leadership and a Rookie GM who was nothing more the a Glorified Scout. 

All of which is proving to be patently false!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Some work like two above some don't like AB /Burfict.

Idk man, I still feel like he got a bit shafted based on past reputation. He was solid for us on the field and seemed to mesh well in the lockeroom. I wouldn't say it was a bad signing, just an unfortunate situation. 

48 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:
3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Some work like two above some don't like AB /Burfict.

Idk man, I still feel like he got a bit shafted based on past reputation. He was solid for us on the field and seemed to mesh well in the lockeroom. I wouldn't say it was a bad signing, just an unfortunate situation.

I agree but that reputation they knew about as well as a long history of getting suspended. Whether it was actually a good fit or not is a mute point right now because of said Suspension.

In the end, vast majority of these moves as well as Potentially the Mack trade itself look to be working out "long term" wise. Won't know the entirety of the Mack trade until all is complete.

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

"Shafted"

You mean signing a dirty player and then having him get suspended for being dirty? Yeah, thought so 

24 minutes ago, Ryan_W said:

need to get a wrap on those penalties

leads the league. 81 for 737 yards

most teams are around ~500 yards

The raiders have been the most penalized team in the league for like 15 years, this is nothing new 

Gruden will get that cleaned up though. Raiders actually have a good coaching staff. Their secondary is going to be a problem though 

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

No. Buffalo and Indianapolis will take those final WC Spots

While certainly possible, I think you shouldn’t say this with such certainty. Looking at both schedules, both teams (Colts and Raiders) could finish 9-7 or 10-6. Especially with the Colts starting Hoyer this week. And Raiders own the tie breaker. 

I actually think the Colts lose @HOU, @NO, and @JAC with a high degree of certainty. This puts them at 10-6. I think @TB is also a sneaky game they could lose, but they will probably win. 

Raiders probably lose @KC and @LAC. All depends if we can sweep Denver and 10-6 is possible. But even if we lose to Denver (or some other surprise game like the Jets), we still finish 9-7, and just need the Colts to lose to Tampa Bay. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

While certainly possible, I think you shouldn’t say this with such certainty. Looking at both schedules, both teams (Colts and Raiders) could finish 9-7 or 10-6. Especially with the Colts starting Hoyer this week. And Raiders own the tie breaker. 

Hoyer is facing the dolphins. I expect the Raiders to take Losses to  Tennessee, Jacksonville, LA, and KC.

25 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

Hoyer is facing the dolphins. I expect the Raiders to take Losses to  Tennessee, Jacksonville, LA, and KC.

You expect too much and that seems very unlikely to lose all four. KC sure the other three is a  toss up. I expect the Raiders to compete in all said games.