Will Oakland make the playoffs?

TecmoSuperJoe

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Don't rule out the Steelers. I know they're kind of forgotten, but 4-4 with game against Cleveland twice, Cincy, Arizona, and the Jets. Could be in that mix as well.

Pittsburgh been playing one of the softest schedules I’ve ever seen 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Pittsburgh been playing one of the softest schedules I’ve ever seen 

They were just frontloaded. A lot of uneven schedules this year. But they started the year with the Pats, Seahawks, 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, and Chargers. So one easy game in the middle of 6 brutal ones to open.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

They were just frontloaded. A lot of uneven schedules this year. But they started the year with the Pats, Seahawks, 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, and Chargers. So one easy game in the middle of 6 brutal ones to open.

Shame we don’t play them H2H. I think we are by far one of the worst matchups for the Steelers on paper. 

Next two games will show if the Steelers are playoff contenders. Rams and Browns. Could easily lose both those or split. Find it hard to take them as playoff contenders with Mason Rudolph. Don’t see them doing enough on offense despite the awesome defense they have been playing. 

For the Raiders it’s looking good. Could look a lot better if they can beat the Bengals and Jets and be 7-4 going into the game in KC. 

57 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Remember two months ago when people were screaming from roof tops how much JG and MM were idiot's and had no clue what they were doing!  Go Figure!🍺

To be honest, I would still say that applies. While their record is much better than anticipated ( I don't believe their roster is this strong), and they have a decent playoff chance with their remaining schedule, their roster building and decisions have been a big mess. From the AB situation to drafting players based on their leadership abilities (Clelin Ferrell so far hasn't looked 4. th overall worthy) and then adding Incognito and Burfict to the roster, it really seemed/seems they shot in all directions.

If we had a better grasp on the cooperation between Gruden and Mayock, I think most of us would be more optimistic about the Raiders, as many seem to like Mayocks no nonsense approach to team and roster building.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

To be honest, I would still say that applies. While their record is much better than anticipated ( I don't believe their roster is this strong), and they have a decent playoff chance with their remaining schedule, their roster building and decisions have been a big mess. From the AB situation to drafting players based on their leadership abilities (Clelin Ferrell so far hasn't looked 4. th overall worthy) and then adding Incognito and Burfict to the roster, it really seemed/seems they shot in all directions.

If we had a better grasp on the cooperation between Gruden and Mayock, I think most of us would be more optimistic about the Raiders, as many seem to like Mayocks no nonsense approach to team and roster building.

Is there really lack of cooperation between Gruden and Mayock, or was that just another line of bs from the mouth-clown media who have wanted to rag on Gruden since he came back into coaching?

The Raiders draft was one of the top 5 in the league. You’re right that Ferrell is a questionable #4, but he’s still been a decent enough player who is improving weekly. Other than that the draft has been lights out: in Jacobs, Crosby, Moreau and Renfrow they’re already getting instant impact (plus from undrafted Alec Ingold at FB), and they also have Abrams to come back next year and Mullen seeing more play time. It’s very rare to have such immediate results from a draft class, so absolutely no questionable roster building decisions there, and a hint that Mayock was (largely) allowed to make the decision on most of the picks.

As for the other players you’ve highlighted as “a big mess”:
- Richie Incognito hasn’t put a foot wrong in this team. Reliable performances and no off-field issues whatsoever to speak of. A low risk pickup who has been well worth the money.
- AB was a fiasco, no doubt about that or argument there. Was Mayock overruled on this signing? Probably.
Burfict is the toughest one to call; as he was actually playing well and by all accounts had been a positive locker room figure before his moment of madness. I’m guessing his signing had a lot to do with Paul Guenther needing players who know & fit his scheme, and a DC going to bat to convince the team to sign ‘his guy’ isn’t unsurprising.

I think the Gruden & Mayock relationship has been totally overblown by a media who have enjoyed the Raiders being a complete circus for so long, and were just expecting it to continue. If taking a flyer on a generational talent like Antonio Brown (who ironically makes this team even better if he doesn’t have his meltdown) is the only knock against the current setup then they’re doing good things imo.

• Like 3

Trent Brown has been the best RT in football and hasn’t surrendered a pressure. This is who we gave Mack money to. Everyone said Brown would suck cause he’s from the Pats. Laughable.... best RT I’ve ever seen. 

Also Josh Jacobs from the Mack trade, 5.0 YPC and on pace for 1400 yards. 

And we have another Top 10-13 pick coming up from the Bears as well. 

So many Raider fans on this site scared to believe in their team...we’re going 10-6 and grabbing a a Wild Card.

Gruden has this team playing hard and for each other. Tons of fight in this team. 

We’ve played through a brutal first half of the season and dealt with a lot of adversity(AB, injuries, being on the road for 2 months) and yet, he we are. We have a soft upcoming schedule and if we keep up what we’ve done so far this year, beating teams we should beat, I see us going 5-2 with loss to KC and a slip up along the way. 

our offense is clicking(minus last night) behind our OL, Jacobs should win OROY, And DC is playing the best football he’s played since 2016. The defense is an issue but I think we can be good enough on that side of the ball to beat teams like NYJ, CIN, DEN, JAX LAC and TEN...

were a year early, and I don’t think we’re true contenders but the AFC is light this year and our schedule is favorable from here on out.