GDT: Chiefs -3.5 (6-3) @ Titans (4-5)

ragevsuall17

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Fully expect us to lose to the Jags out of the bye. The craziest part of this stupid season is that we still have complete control since we have the Colts and the Texans twice. But I’m feeling losses to the Jags and Raiders and wins against the Saints, Colts and a sweep of Houston.

I'd be surprised if we lost to the Jags. With extended prep time, we're 4-1 under Vrabel, the only loss being that disaster of a game in Miami to start last season, all 4 wins coming by at least 14 points, with an average margin of victory of 18.7. Jags will also be playing the 2nd of back to back road games which is never the easiest.

Gonna have to really work hard to lose that game given the trends of this team and things playing in our favor matchup wise.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Fully expect us to lose to the Jags out of the bye. The craziest part of this stupid season is that we still have complete control since we have the Colts and the Texans twice. But I’m feeling losses to the Jags and Raiders and wins against the Saints, Colts and a sweep of Houston.

Nah, we don’t win in Nashville.

7 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

If Clark gets cut blocked the way he supposed to, that's a quick throw and an easy completion that will move the chains.

It can be both. RT clearly didn’t recognize the blitz and if he did, the easy read is to just throw it right past the blitzing nickel. Instead he stared down his receiver and, when Kelly failed to do his job, was just fully committed to one receiver no matter what. With that said, obviously that’ll happen from time to time.

Kind of thing we’d have been rough on MM for, but also just something that occurs every game unless you have an elite QB.

• Like 1

Hi Titans fans.  I just wanted to come in here and congratulate you on a nice win against the Chiefs this week.  The Chiefs beat my Vikings with their backup QB, and then you go and beat them with Mahomes.  That was an impressive win.  Your running back (D. Henry) is a real beast.  His old school, smash-mouth rushing style is fun to watch.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

It can be both. RT clearly didn’t recognize the blitz and if he did, the easy read is to just throw it right past the blitzing nickel. Instead he stared down his receiver and, when Kelly failed to do his job, was just fully committed to one receiver no matter what. With that said, obviously that’ll happen from time to time.

Kind of thing we’d have been rough on MM for, but also just something that occurs every game unless you have an elite QB.

If you're going to fault him for something that even the elite few that could see this coming will miss on it probably more often than not because the nickel blitz is well designed and masked, I guess no one can stop you, but the only obvious screw up on that play is failing to get the DE on the ground the way it was intended to. In a way, yes, this is as dumb of an analysis as picking on Mariota on that 4th down play against the Colts for 'failing' to recognize Davis would've been open on the slant on the opposite side of the field.

55 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I saw several mentions about Lewan being his own worst critic from different media outlets.

To me, it just saying it sounded more like someone trying to deflect the attention away from his penalties.

Yeah nothing he says sounds genuine. It may just be his tone but it sounds calculated and insincere. 

I stole this quote from Ian Kenyon on Twitter. Hard to believe last year someone mentioned cutting Ryan lol. He's one of the best players on our team. The only Patriot bust we've brought here is Dion Lewis. Butler is pretty damn good too.

"Logan Ryan has flown under the radar this year a bit. He's having a phenomenal season. His 16-game pace stats right now: 118 tackles, 6 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 5 interceptions, 24 passes defended"

20 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I stole this quote from Ian Kenyon on Twitter. Hard to believe last year someone mentioned cutting Ryan lol. He's one of the best players on our team. The only Patriot bust we've brought here is Dion Lewis. Butler is pretty damn good too.

"Logan Ryan has flown under the radar this year a bit. He's having a phenomenal season. His 16-game pace stats right now: 118 tackles, 6 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 5 interceptions, 24 passes defended"

Absolute must that we resign him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

That's MVP Charles Woodson level stuff. 
If we were winning more, he'd be in the running for defensive player of the year.

I get all the Lewan hate for his stupid penalties and everything. But he still has more good plays than bad and is dominant a lot of times. Lest we never forget The Svitek. 

I get it that it's just dumb and hurts the team but so does having a bad LT and he is still very good.