The good, the bad, the WINNING RECORD BABY vs. Chargers (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Carr is close, but not there yet. I wanna see him take the final steps. He is still a bit jumpy at times but has definitely improved. I love seeing him use his mobility. He always has a few passes that are just off the mark every game. The Lions game looked to be what I want him to become, but no QB is always perfect. Still, encouraging stuff. Have to also remember we've had a revolving door at WR and I wonder how much that plays into it. Sometimes he slightly misses to Waller or other guys though. I also wonder how often Carr diverts from Gruden's calls.

I just want him to chill with the floaters. Not sure why he dont put more zip on some passes. The pass to waller the safety was way to close to getting there in time. 

On 11/7/2019 at 9:41 PM, BayRaider said:

And the memes for the next ten years start with this post. Salt and Pepper. Perfect. 

Like AC/DC back in black...Wait a second....Reality is if they both stud out were only keeping one. Good problem to have though...

Now that we are in playoff contention, getting worried about some games. Jets for example. East coast road game where west coast teams historically suck, and Darnold has still shown against bad secondarys he can light them up for 370 yards and 4 TDs. Darnold is no joke despite his critics this year. His defensive schedule has been beyond brutal. Pats/Bills are #1 and 2 in Pass Defense. 

On 08/11/2019 at 5:13 AM, raidr4life said:

Whilst Ferrell had a very good game and we all want to see him succeed and become a great player we need to maybe slow our roll a little bit considering it was just one game and it was against a terrible OL.

Just like we needed to see more games before calling him a bust we also need to see more games of this before calling him a stud and comparing him to any of the above great players, this seems like a very 'cherry picked' or arbitrary kind of stat to me :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Whilst Ferrell had a very good game and we all want to see him succeed and become a great player we need to maybe slow our roll a little bit considering it was just one game and it was against a terrible OL.

Just like we needed to see more games before calling him a bust we also need to see more games of this before calling him a stud and comparing him to any of the above great players, this seems like a very 'cherry picked' or arbitrary kind of stat to me :D

lol... This is the Raiders forum. Fans are so thirty for star talent we over rate preseason performances. You're asking for a lot. 

• Like 1

Crosby, Ferrell, Hurst, and Hall should be happy. Chargers OL with all their backups in was probably the worst OL in the NFL in that injured state. Now we play the worst starting OL in football in the Bengals. I’m excited to see more Ferrell but I have confidence in Ferrells ability long term, what I really wanna see is Maxx tear it up again. If we found a Mid Round starter I’m gonna be thrilled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

15+ years of sucking will do that to a fan base.

Begs the question... why don't more teams invest in coaches?

I think you need to have a good GM to go with your coach. That’s a big reason for the Raiders success is the addition of Mayock. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think you need to have a good GM to go with your coach. That’s a big reason for the Raiders success is the addition of Mayock. 

Absolutely. Have to have the right players, then coach them up.

Just amazes me teams like the Chargers, Browns who have so much talent will not pay a decent coach to bring out their best.