Alabama missing the playoffs

viper952

30 minutes ago, viper952 said:

Their wins are a joke

Hasn't stopped them from getting in before. The selection committee operates behind closed doors with their own biased agendas, logic and fairness don't factor in when determining those last spots.

They should still get in. Teams should be held accountable for their schedule. For instance. Dartmouth is 7-0 with the schedule equivalent of Clemson or OSU and theyre not in the playoff discussion. NDSU is even better being 10-0. Wheres their love? Bama should easily get in by comparison.

13 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

They should still get in. Teams should be held accountable for their schedule. For instance. Dartmouth is 7-0 with the schedule equivalent of Clemson or OSU and theyre not in the playoff discussion. NDSU is even better being 10-0. Wheres their love? Bama should easily get in by comparison.

Bama has played 1 good team, and got beat at home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

100%

And Tua will be healthy in the semifinal and win so the committee thinks they’ll be justified.

And I think they're a top 4 team.  I'd consider LSU and Ohio State the top two with Clemson, OK, Bama, maybe Minnesota the next group, and then a group that includes Oregon, PSU, Auburn, Florida.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

if Bama wins out, they will get put in the playoff.  Bottom line.

Maybe. If LSU, Clemson, Ohio State/Minnesota, and Oklahoma/Baylor all win out, then it's hard to justify putting Alabama in.

The likelihood of all those teams winning out is small, though.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Maybe. If LSU, Clemson, Ohio State/Minnesota, and Oklahoma/Baylor all win out, then it's hard to justify putting Alabama in.

The likelihood of all those teams winning out is small, though.

Agree that LSU, Clemson, and an undefeated Ohio State/Minnesota gets in for sure.  I would 100% put in a one loss Bama over an undefeated Baylor though.  They are horribly overrated.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Agree that LSU, Clemson, and an undefeated Ohio State/Minnesota gets in for sure.  I would 100% put in a one loss Bama over an undefeated Baylor though.  They are horribly overrated.

I agree and think they'll definitely lose multiple times before the end of the season, but they'd have 4 really good wins if they win out compared to Alabama's 1 and, obviously, no losses.

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I wouldn’t discount the possibility of UGA beating LSU and those two making it to the playoffs. 

UGA lost to SCar who lost to my Vols and maybe App St.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I agree and think they'll definitely lose multiple times before the end of the season, but they'd have 4 really good wins if they win out compared to Alabama's 1 and, obviously, no losses.

This is true.  They got so lucky today.