Alabama missing the playoffs

viper952

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

They definitely would take LSU over Alabama in that circumstance. When I said "If Georgia upsets LSU, they're in", I meant "they" as in LSU is still in.

Absolutely

My bad, was a little ambiguous on who they would take, I assumed it meant Georgia, but I can see how you meant LSU.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:57 PM, swoosh said:

An undefeated Baylor team gets the nod over Bama. A one-loss Oregon team (with a win against Utah) could very well get the nod over Bama. A one-loss Utah team could also get the nod, but I think this is one team the committee would pass up just because they don't have the brand name that Oregon has. 

Bama's best win is going to be against a 4-loss team. If you take them over, let's say Oregon, you're basically telling AD's to schedule cupcakes. Had Oregon scheduled New Mexico State and not Auburn, there's no debate they're ranked higher than Bama. 

But they aren't undefeated any more....B| Jalen Hurts and the Sooners saw to that. Best comeback victory in Sooner history. :x

7 hours ago, SBLIII said:

There is literally no way for Alabama to make it in at this point. At least 1 major upset in the Big 12 and Pac 12 would need to happen. And LSU would have to beat Georgia as well.

Disagree. OU didn't get that big a bump from Baylor and in beating OSU and Baylor again those teams are going to be down even further in the rankings. I don't see OU having a route in.

Oregon is an interesting discussion. They would have the conference championship BUT they would also have a loss against a common opponent (Auburn) and for all the talk of Bama's schedule Oregon's SOS is worse.

Utah I think has the best chance of jumping Bama.

Assuming LSU, OSU, Clemson win out (obviously not a guarantee but it  pretty decent chance) I think Bama is actually in the best position because I think Oregon beats Utah. People are sleeping too much on what the committee thinks of Auburn. They are seeing a team they really like that happen to be losing to the BEST teams in the country.

I don’t think Bama makes it over the PAC12 champ, assuming it’s one loss Utah playing one loss Oregon. Not impossible but unlikely. If they can get a 3-4 score win over Auburn though, I think some minds could be changed. They have to really impress though, with Mac. 

With the off chance they make it, I wouldn’t sleep on Bama. They’ve won some national championships with decent but not great QBs. Tua/Hurts are rarities there under Saban. The one difference is that defense. Need to play more complete ball to get through a couple of those playoff teams. Those weapons on offense though will find ways to score on anyone. 

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t think Bama makes it over the PAC12 champ, assuming it’s one loss Utah playing one loss Oregon. Not impossible but unlikely. If they can get a 3-4 score win over Auburn though, I think some minds could be changed. They have to really impress though, with Mac. 

With the off chance they make it, I wouldn’t sleep on Bama. They’ve won some national championships with decent but not great QBs. Tua/Hurts are rarities there under Saban. The one difference is that defense. Need to play more complete ball to get through a couple of those playoff teams. Those weapons on offense though will find ways to score on anyone. 

I just don't think they can. Their front seven is so injured. Bama would be at a disadvantage against every playoff team in the trenches. Tua equalized that by helping this offense score so many points and continue so many drives with accurate balls.

I'm hopeful that Auburn can help us all out and ensure that the 4 best teams make the playoffs.

12 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Killing Auburn might help but then it would be erased once the committee saw a pac12 team win in the conference title game. 

3 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

I just don't think they can. Their front seven is so injured. Bama would be at a disadvantage against every playoff team in the trenches. Tua equalized that by helping this offense score so many points and continue so many drives with accurate balls.

I'm hopeful that Auburn can help us all out and ensure that the 4 best teams make the playoffs.

never have any hope in auburn. trust me.

6 hours ago, catcheryea said:

never have any hope in auburn. trust me.

If it’s going to happen, this year is the game to do it.  If Bama were playing Auburn at home, I’d have more confidence in us winning. We’ll see if Mac can handle that nasty defensive front you guys have.  Not to mention that voodoo witchcraft you guys pull off. LoL

50 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

If it’s going to happen, this year is the game to do it.  If Bama were playing Auburn at home, I’d have more confidence in us winning. We’ll see if Mac can handle that nasty defensive front you guys have.  Not to mention that voodoo witchcraft you guys pull off. LoL

you've never seen bo nix throw a football?