Alabama missing the playoffs

viper952

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I never said the first quote. Alabamas schedule is garbage this year, hold them accountable for it.

The narrative is Alabama is scared to schedule tough OOC games. Prove it. They switched ONE home and home to two games against USC and FSU, both very good OOC games. The narrative is crap.

The narrative is that Alabama is scared to schedule OOC games on the road.

Because they refuse to play a home and home series, they vastly limit their own options of who they can schedule. Because after all the vast majority of teams when reached with an offer of, "We would like to play you, but only on a neutral site less than one state away from Alabama, and we'll offer no reciprocation" respond with the wholly reasonable and appropriate, "Get ****ed"

You're telling me that Oklahoma and Ohio State could get a home and home series put together, but there's not a single team in Saban's tenure that wasn't so terrified of Alabama that they couldn't have worked something out???

You're telling me that Wisconsin who was willing to go and play Alabama at Jerry World, would have balked at the idea of a home and home?

Get real.  

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

His evidence was from an article was from 4years ago. 4yrs ago MSU was clearly better than USC and prolly boarder line same with FSU but playing a game in East Lansing is a lot tougher MSU than FSU and USC on a neural site. 

They cancelled it after the 2012 season. It was in 2013 but before the season started.

Here is how those teams did in 2012
Florida St 12-2 ACC Champion, Won Orange Bowl, Final rank AP#10
USC 7-6 lost Sun Bow, Pre-season #1, out of rankings week 12, no longer received votes week 14
Mich St 7-6 won Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, Pre-Season #13, out of rankings week 5, no longer received votes week 7

FSU was unquestionably considered better and USC/Mich St on par though I think most would have expected USC to have teh better chance at being good 4 years from then

• Like 2

Before my posts about Bama 100% making it get bumped I’ll go ahead and take the L on this one.  They’re not making now.  

Without Tua I think they’re still better than the teams right below the Big 3 but the committee can’t trust them in the playoff to justify putting them now.  

I think Oklahoma has a path to make it now.  

29 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Before my posts about Bama 100% making it get bumped I’ll go ahead and take the L on this one.  They’re not making now.  

Without Tua I think they’re still better than the teams right below the Big 3 but the committee can’t trust them in the playoff to justify putting them now.  

I think Oklahoma has a path to make it now.  

I've always thought it would be LSU, OSU, Clemson and the winner of the PAC 12 assuming neither lose before the championship game

I think right now, Alabama without Tua would be a pretty desirable matchup for whoever is the one seed. Even before this, I’m not sure they’re the same as usual, with that defense. This is one of those years that whoever gets that one seed is a big deal. For LSU and Ohio State, the Pac 12 champ, Georgia, or Alabama without their starting quarterback are seemingly a lot easier matchups than Clemson right now.