Alabama missing the playoffs

viper952

46 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Before my posts about Bama 100% making it get bumped I’ll go ahead and take the L on this one.  They’re not making now.  

Without Tua I think they’re still better than the teams right below the Big 3 but the committee can’t trust them in the playoff to justify putting them now.  

I think Oklahoma has a path to make it now.  

Tua made that offense and could easily cover up their avg defense. No tua = just an above avg team

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Definitely not but he doesn’t need to be. If they beat Auburn, and LSU, Clemson, Ohio State win out Alabama is still the 4 seed.

They won't be playing for a conference title, there could be an undefeated BigXII team, and Utah or Oregon should have one loss and a conference championship. Do I think Bama is better than these teams? Sure do but their accolades will be severely lacking compared to the competition

Edited by JTagg7754

4 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

They won't be playing for a conference title, there could be an undefeated BigXII team, and Utah or Oregon should have one loss and a conference championship. Do I think Bama is better than these teams? Sure do but their accolades will be severely lacking compared to the competition

Only loss will be to the best team in the country. They’ll get in if they win out.

An undefeated Baylor team gets the nod over Bama. A one-loss Oregon team (with a win against Utah) could very well get the nod over Bama. A one-loss Utah team could also get the nod, but I think this is one team the committee would pass up just because they don't have the brand name that Oregon has. 

Bama's best win is going to be against a 4-loss team. If you take them over, let's say Oregon, you're basically telling AD's to schedule cupcakes. Had Oregon scheduled New Mexico State and not Auburn, there's no debate they're ranked higher than Bama.