Alabama missing the playoffs

viper952

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

No they usually do but then they turn them into one year neutral site games. I’ll truly be curious to see if they keep that ‘22 game @Texas and not move it. Neutral site games are nice but there not the same compared to going to someone else’s house. We have seen at least other big programs truly travel To the visitors stadium like tOSU going to VT,  Clemson going to A&M, tOSU going to Oregon next year. Those are just off the top of my head

When have they done that?

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

Exactly. Bama doesn’t get these big time OOC games cause they refuse to play home and homes. There last big time away game for OOC was what PSU in ‘10 or something like that. 

Also can you prove this? Can anyone prove this? I feel like this is a statement everyone makes but yet...I can't seem to find any legit source confirming Nick Saban has turned down good OOC games.

Why blame Bama even if it is true though? Teams have been held out of making the playoffs due to quality non-conference losses. And teams schedule cupcakes in non-conference still make the playoffs. Those losses hurt. And the committee has yet to penalize Alabama, so until they do, why schedule anyone good OOC?

41 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Also can you prove this? Can anyone prove this? I feel like this is a statement everyone makes but yet...I can't seem to find any legit source confirming Nick Saban has turned down good OOC games.

Prove what? Bama doesn’t play a big time ooc game. I don’t care about neutral site games. Those are cop outs. I don’t care if Bama is playing USC in Jerryworld or playing Duke in Atlanta. I want to see Bama play in The Colosseum, in the big house, or another famous venue for an opposing school. Last time Bama played a true road road game for a OOC game was ‘11 vs PSU

really curious if they will keep that home and home with Texas and not negotiate it into a one game neutral site game

9 hours ago, Raves said:
9 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Alabama schedue thing is 100% a bit of both. Alabama has definitely tried to schedule OOC games, and many teams have simply turned them down. Saban has also certainly turned down some Home and Home games. Alabama usually opens the season with a very good game at a neutral site though, and I'm not really sure why people have an issue with that. A neutral site is...neutral.

The schedule looks far better looking forward and obviously as stated, Saban has been the biggest proponent of P5 schools only playing P5 schools but a lot of coaches scoff at the idea... Alabama is also hurt by the fact that their big rivals are all in conference. Teams like Georgia get Georgia State, Clemson gets South Carolina etc. every year for their rivalry game but Alabamas big in state rival is also an SEC school. Its funny that if Auburn wasn't in the SEC all of a sudden our schedule would be so much better because Auburn is an OOC game. Who cares, Alabama usually plays 3-4 really good teams throughout the season especially when they get Georgia and Florida on the slate.

Please don't use Georgia State as a "big in-state rivalry."  It's a barely Group of 5 team.  Also the neutral site game is almost always in the south which means it is more likely for those that make the trip to be Alabama fans, not to mention they often have to travel a lesser distance.  I mean do a neutral site game in Indianapolis, New York, Minneapolis, Seattle, etc, not just in a location that is close to home for them.

Are you sure he didn't mean Georgia Tech? That is what I thought and he just typed wrong.

44 minutes ago, mse326 said:
9 hours ago, Raves said:
10 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Alabama schedue thing is 100% a bit of both. Alabama has definitely tried to schedule OOC games, and many teams have simply turned them down. Saban has also certainly turned down some Home and Home games. Alabama usually opens the season with a very good game at a neutral site though, and I'm not really sure why people have an issue with that. A neutral site is...neutral.

The schedule looks far better looking forward and obviously as stated, Saban has been the biggest proponent of P5 schools only playing P5 schools but a lot of coaches scoff at the idea... Alabama is also hurt by the fact that their big rivals are all in conference. Teams like Georgia get Georgia State, Clemson gets South Carolina etc. every year for their rivalry game but Alabamas big in state rival is also an SEC school. Its funny that if Auburn wasn't in the SEC all of a sudden our schedule would be so much better because Auburn is an OOC game. Who cares, Alabama usually plays 3-4 really good teams throughout the season especially when they get Georgia and Florida on the slate.

Please don't use Georgia State as a "big in-state rivalry."  It's a barely Group of 5 team.  Also the neutral site game is almost always in the south which means it is more likely for those that make the trip to be Alabama fans, not to mention they often have to travel a lesser distance.  I mean do a neutral site game in Indianapolis, New York, Minneapolis, Seattle, etc, not just in a location that is close to home for them.

Are you sure he didn't mean Georgia Tech? That is what I thought and he just typed wrong.

I thought maybe that's what he meant but Georgia State has been showing up on a lot of SEC schedules of late so I wasn't sure.  Georgia Tech is a school I would give as a good instate rivalry though they are on hard times right now compared to how the rivalry used to be.

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Prove what? Bama doesn’t play a big time ooc game. I don’t care about neutral site games. Those are cop outs. I don’t care if Bama is playing USC in Jerryworld or playing Duke in Atlanta. I want to see Bama play in The Colosseum, in the big house, or another famous venue for an opposing school. Last time Bama played a true road road game for a OOC game was ‘11 vs PSU

really curious if they will keep that home and home with Texas and not negotiate it into a one game neutral site game

Okay so prove it’s Saban saying no to games and not other teams not wanting to play Bama. Legit question because I’ve been able to find no proof one way or the other.

Edited by MookieMonstah

Nick Saban has said before that they are playing the best teams that are willing to play them. If the fringe playoff potential schools are too scared to schedule Bama, how is it Bama's fault? OSU fans criticizing Bama yet somehow expect Bama to force others into agreeing to play? 

It takes two to tango.

55 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Nick Saban has said before that they are playing the best teams that are willing to play them. If the fringe playoff potential schools are too scared to schedule Bama, how is it Bama's fault? OSU fans criticizing Bama yet somehow expect Bama to force others into agreeing to play? 

It takes two to tango.

It’s not that. It’s Bama refusal to play home and home and actually play a legit road game for ooc

On 11/13/2019 at 5:01 PM, MookieMonstah said:

Okay so prove it’s Saban saying no to games and not other teams not wanting to play Bama. Legit question because I’ve been able to find no proof one way or the other.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/nick-saban-explains-why-alabama-canceled-on-michigan-state/

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/fox-analyst-joel-klatt-offers-alabama-a-way-to-fix-its-schedule/

Edited by AlexGreen#20