Alabama missing the playoffs

viper952

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

People are killing Bama for losing to the best team in the country, lmao.

No other squad this year would have done what LSU did. Can't fault Bama for losing to the #1, but that doesn't mean they don't belong in the top 4.

Ohio State would've beat them by 20.

18 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

No other squad this year would have done what LSU did. Can't fault Bama for losing to the #1, but that doesn't mean they don't belong in the top 4.

Based off of what other than the "eye test"? Serious question. What makes them worthy of being in the Top 4?

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

It goes back to the question, "Do you reward tougher out of conference scheduling?  Do you punish scheduling cupcakes and FCS schools?

In Clemson's defense, A&M was a top 15 type of team when they scheduled them.  These games are made so far in advance that it's hard to fault a school when their once strong opponent is no longer a marquis game.  Ohio State and Georgia have a home/home series, but not for over a decade from now.  If one of those schools stinks in 2030, you can't blame them for scheduling a top 10 opponent that falls on hard times.

Bama consistently has one of the weakest OoC schedules, and if they don't have the resume and don't win the conference, when will you ever send them a message to schedule harder?  Do we want a college football season where high profile out of conference showdowns are rare?  I don't, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

It goes back to the question, "Do you reward tougher out of conference scheduling?  Do you punish scheduling cupcakes and FCS schools?

In Clemson's defense, A&M was a top 15 type of team when they scheduled them.  These games are made so far in advance that it's hard to fault a school when their once strong opponent is no longer a marquis game.  Ohio State and Georgia have a home/home series, but not for over a decade from now.  If one of those schools stinks in 2030, you can't blame them for scheduling a top 10 opponent that falls on hard times.

Bama consistently has one of the weakest OoC schedules, and if they don't have the resume and don't win the conference, when will you ever send them a message to schedule harder?  Do we want a college football season where high profile out of conference showdowns are rare?  I don't, that's for sure.

Teams are scared of scheduling Bama as they know what usually ends up happening. Can you blame Bama for the cowardice of other programs.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Based off of what other than the "eye test"? Serious question. What makes them worthy of being in the Top 4?

LSU has been beating top 25 teams with regularity this season, and are the best. Bama pushed them to the limit, and have dismantled everyone else they've played, unlike Clemson which has struggled. OSU hasn't played a real powerhouse yet.

I'm sorry, I know how good LSU is, but Alabama shouldn't be given an inside track to the 4 seed in the playoffs (because that's where they would be). Alabama hasn't even remotely tried to schedule to look strong, they do this every year and they're always undefeated and get away with it, and I'm sick of it. It has been stated that Clemson at least made a conscious effort to schedule what was thought to be a good SEC team, Alabama doesn't even make an effort. The winner of Oregon versus Utah at the end of the year would have a top 10 win if both went without losing through the course of the rest of the season. Then you have undefeated Clemson, undefeated Ohio State or Minnesota, and undefeated LSU.

You cannot set this precedent. It's a slippery slope and it's dangerous. Alabama in my mind needs a loss from Oregon and Utah, as well as HOPING that Georgia doesn't beat LSU in the SEC Champioship game.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

LSU has been beating top 25 teams with regularity this season, and are the best. Bama pushed them to the limit, and have dismantled everyone else they've played, unlike Clemson which has struggled. OSU hasn't played a real powerhouse yet.

Wisconsin and Cincinnati are both ranked teams that Ohio State dominated already, both are top 25.  Pretty sure LSU might have only one more top 25 win than Ohio State.

Alabama has only played one good team and lost.  The rest of their schedule is equivalent to an FCS school.

19 minutes ago, Raves said:

Wisconsin and Cincinnati are both ranked teams that Ohio State dominated already, both are top 25.  Pretty sure LSU might have only one more top 25 win than Ohio State.

Alabama has only played one good team and lost.  The rest of their schedule is equivalent to an FCS school.

Wisconsin followed that loss with another loss to Illinois. I would say if I put the resumes next to eachother being LSU and Ohio State, I would put the win rankings/strength of wins like this:

1. LSU over Alabama
2. OSU over Wisconsin
3. LSU over Florida
4. LSU over Auburn
5. Ohio State over Cincinnati

Edited by JoshstraDaymus

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Wisconsin followed that loss with another loss to Illinois. I would say if I put the resumes next to eachother being LSU and Ohio State, I would put the win rankings/strength of wins like this:

1. LSU over Alabama
2. OSU over Wisconsin
3. LSU over Florida
4. LSU over Auburn
5. Ohio State over Cincinnati

Which is fine, but the way Ruskie tried to characterize it as if Ohio State has a bad schedule like Alabama does.  Fact is that although Ohio State hasn't had the toughest schedule, they haven't exactly played no one.  But on top of that Ohio State was never in jeopardy of losing either of those games as well.  Ohio State dominated both teams, something LSU can't say the same as they have had close games.  I won't argue putting LSU #1 if someone wants to, but Alabama isn't at the same level as Ohio State this year.

2 hours ago, Raves said:

I'm from ECU. We nearly beat Cincinnati, which is all I need to know about the quality of that team. If you want to pretend their ranking means a damn then go ahead, but there's no way I would take them as a legit team and use them as an argument for strength of schedule. Wisconsin always falls flat on their face multiple times each season.

5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Dude Bama had 18missed tackles. That is good freaking awful.

bama hasn’t shown anything that makes them worthy of being top4. 

2 hours ago, Raves said:

What the 3 ranked teams tOSU has face this year, they have beaten them something like 141-17.