Alabama missing the playoffs

viper952

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

LSU has been beating top 25 teams with regularity this season, and are the best. Bama pushed them to the limit, and have dismantled everyone else they've played, unlike Clemson which has struggled. OSU hasn't played a real powerhouse yet.

There’s only two power houses this year tho. LSU and tOSU. Every other team has at least one major issue. 

LSU is 2-0 vs top10 teams tOSU 1-0

LSU is 4-0 vs top30 teams tOSU 3-0

tOSU has the chance to end the season a lot tougher with PSU Michigan and Minny. Where LSU has Ole Miss Arky and A&M.  PSU and Michigan are better than Florida and Auburn. 

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Teams are scared of scheduling Bama as they know what usually ends up happening. Can you blame Bama for the cowardice of other programs.

Stop perpetuating this bull**** lie. Bama doesn't want to play anybody out of conference. That's why they reject every offer for a home and home series.

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

What the 3 ranked teams tOSU has face this year, they have beaten them something like 141-17. 

ECU lost to Cincinnati 46-43. That should give you an idea of the 'quality' of the ranked teams OSU has faced. Cincinnati couldn't hold a jock strap compared to Florida or Bama.

6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

People are killing Bama for losing to the best team in the country, lmao.

No other squad this year would have done what LSU did. Can't fault Bama for losing to the #1, but that doesn't mean they don't belong in the top 4.

People are killing Bama for having no impressive wins.

14 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

ECU lost to Cincinnati 46-43. That should give you an idea of the 'quality' of the ranked teams OSU has faced. Cincinnati couldn't hold a jock strap compared to Florida or Bama.

Georgia was dominated by South Carolina, so any team that lost to Georgia can't be considered good either then... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Georgia was dominated by South Carolina, so any team that lost to Georgia can't be considered good either then... 

You and I both know that you have enough understanding of the game of football to know the difference between Georgia and Cincinnati. Or at least I would hope so.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

You and I both know that you have enough understanding of the game of football to know the difference between Georgia and Cincinnati. Or at least I would hope so.

But you are using flawed logic so I'm simply using it in the same way.  If you want to make a legit argument, I'll listen.  I'll admit that talent wise, and possibly even just overall, Alabama is probably a top 4 team.  But their resume is horrible and there are teams close enough, probably top 6-7 teams, that will have much better resumes and for that reason deserve a chance over Alabama since they'll be conference champs and Alabama won't even be winning their division.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

FTFY

This year, probably.  But overall it really should be Ohio State, Alabama, and the next 2 best teams in recruiting/developing over the past 5 years.  I think currently Clemson has the 3rd spot locked down hard, and then Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU, and a few others are fighting for the 4th spot.  When you add in programs like Texas, USC, Miami(FL, Florida State, and Michigan that could get right back in the thick of recruiting/NFL 1st round picks, to that list it provides some more options to pick for the 4th option.

As pretty much the only participatory Bama fan in this forum, the only way I see us making the playoffs is if a few certain teams lose (assuming we beat Auburn convincingly, of course).  This is the first season since Saban’s first as our HC that we didn’t have an impressive OOC opener to begin the season.  I don’t know why we scheduled Duke but it is what it is.  Critics and fans alike are pouncing on this which is their right.  

Personally, I see the matchup of of Bama vs OU in the Sugar Bowl as much more likely possibility.  I think the playoffs/bowl games powers that be want that to happen more than any other game outside of the playoffs.  Tua vs Hurts.  Past vs present. That’s a more likely and desirable scenario imo. 

Edited by thrILL!

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

This year, probably.  But overall it really should be Ohio State, Alabama, and the next 2 best teams in recruiting/developing over the past 5 years.  I think currently Clemson has the 3rd spot locked down hard, and then Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU, and a few others are fighting for the 4th spot.  When you add in programs like Texas, USC, Miami(FL, Florida State, and Michigan that could get right back in the thick of recruiting/NFL 1st round picks, to that list it provides some more options to pick for the 4th option.

There's a clear top 3 with UGA in it:

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/