Week 11: Broncos (3-6) at VIKINGS (7-3)

swede700

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

They did, but he often got bottled up at the LOS or very shortly thereafter.  

It was interesting that the Bronco's had Vonn Miller covering Cook in the screen game more than a few times.  Miller was surprisingly successful in disrupting the screen or shutting Cook down after he caught the ball.  Miller is still really, really good.

Well played guys. Takes mental fortitude to come back from a deficit like that, and 4 TDs from 4 possessions in the 2nd half says it all.

Losing Janovich really hurt us Offensively but I think Zimmer just got a handle on our gimmicks and soon as he figured them out, we struggled to move the ball.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Ps - I have to say, Xavier Rhodes had a lot to say for a guy getting absolutely smoked by a 2nd year WR, but I suppose that's just a typical DB ...

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Well played guys. Takes mental fortitude to come back from a deficit like that, and 4 TDs from 4 possessions in the 2nd half says it all.

Losing Janovich really hurt us Offensively but I think Zimmer just got a handle on our gimmicks and soon as he figured them out, we struggled to move the ball.

Ps - I have to say, Xavier Rhodes had a lot to say for a guy getting absolutely smoked by a 2nd year WR, but I suppose that's just a typical DB ...

I'm a huge fan of Janovich. He was an absolute beast in college. He scored on his first touchdown in his first NFL game, and scored on his first carry of the year this year, and makes that ground game work. Wish he'd get the ball more.

Rhodes can kick rocks, yes.

6 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Rhodes has been getting smoked all year. He’s usually good for a costly PI or hold every game. At least he’s still confident I guess.

22 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

Bradbury is just a rookie and the Vikings missed Josh Kline BADLY today. Elflein probably needs to be replaced, but that's only one position on the O-Line that needs improving, and the Vikings can easily afford to use their 1st round pick for a guard in 2020.

Don't you think they'll try to replace Rhodes, or get a very good interior DL with The 1st Rounder, and use the 2nd on the LG?  Is there really going to be a LG that can come in and play right away that we'd want to gamble a 1st Rounder on?  Seems to me that traditionally, the thinking has been that offensive lineman can be taught and coached to excellence, and technique is more important in the skills mix than for DL and CB positions where natural athletic abilities are more important in the mix for those positions.  So, if a super athlete is still on the board where The Vikings pick in The 1st, they'll be compelled to grab him, and hope they can get a "sleeper of an OL in The 2nd through getting a good learner-late bloomer who will end up being more valuable than the teams ahead of us which also need an OL value him.  I wouldn't go lower than 2nd Round on the OL, but that will mean that one of CB or DL will have to drop to 3rd Round, unless that position gets bolstered by a trade or free agent signing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

That doesn't provide a ton of context but I looked at his Twitter page and did some digging. I'll personally believe it when he's gone. 

Yeah, it didn't post the full conversation, but it doesn't sound like he's terribly interested in coming back. Nor do I think the Vikings are going to be willing to shell out the cash to keep him.

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

Yeah, it didn't post the full conversation, but it doesn't sound like he's terribly interested in coming back. Nor do I think the Vikings are going to be willing to shell out the cash to keep him.

Most likely true, will definitely hate to see him leave if he does. Who knows how much his off-field incident will impact contract discussions with Vikings or other interested teams.

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

If Kearse thinks he should be a full time player, I can understand the frustration. Whoever signs him will have to figure out if he’s a CB or S.

Or maybe he just isn’t a fan of the area.

Edited by vikingsrule

37 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

Don't you think they'll try to replace Rhodes, or get a very good interior DL with The 1st Rounder, and use the 2nd on the LG?  Is there really going to be a LG that can come in and play right away that we'd want to gamble a 1st Rounder on?  Seems to me that traditionally, the thinking has been that offensive lineman can be taught and coached to excellence, and technique is more important in the skills mix than for DL and CB positions where natural athletic abilities are more important in the mix for those positions.  So, if a super athlete is still on the board where The Vikings pick in The 1st, they'll be compelled to grab him, and hope they can get a "sleeper of an OL in The 2nd through getting a good learner-late bloomer who will end up being more valuable than the teams ahead of us which also need an OL value him.  I wouldn't go lower than 2nd Round on the OL, but that will mean that one of CB or DL will have to drop to 3rd Round, unless that position gets bolstered by a trade or free agent signing.

I don't know off hand right now, but I would say OG is a bigger need than CB or DL right now, although all three are considerable. With the Zone Runs the Vikings are moving towards you need athletic guard play (ironically where Elflein shines) that can also anchor on pass plays. They should still take the best value at the spot they draft at, however. Between Hughes, Hill and Alexander there is a solid group of young corners to bring back (Assuming Waynes is gone and hoping Rhodes is, too). Hill and Hughes are in what I would consider extensions of their rookie seasons and improving their play almost weekly. I'd still love to get a game changer at DL or a top flight CB, but I think the value will be at OG at the end of the first. All three are viable picks.

• Like 1