Week 11: Broncos (3-6) at VIKINGS (7-3)

swede700

On 11/11/2019 at 3:13 PM, SteelKing728 said:

We can't look to the Bye too early. We are at home and we are having a nice season.

Let's not have another buffalo game like last year. Playoff teams take care of teams like Denver.

Skol!

I honestly don’t think we overlook the Broncos. I’m not expecting a complete blowout, but we obviously have the talent and home field advantage to do so. I’m thinking more of Washington Redskins type game; not a Buffalo, circa 2018 game. We will control the game by pass or run. The Broncos will be on their heels all game long. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

The Vikings have been dominant against lower tier teams at home this season, with only the clunker against Washing that could've easily ended 26-9, sticking out. Vikings should easily win big here against a backup QB.

Im thinking 24-10 or 24-13 with a garbage time TD.

denver has the 6th ranked defense by DVOA and there's no obvious way to attack them as they're solid against both the run and pass. They're ranked 12th against the pass and 9th against the run. 

executing in the red zone is probably going to dictate whether this is a blowout or a close game. the broncos are the third best in the league at keeping opponents out of the end zone and we're seventh best at scoring in the red zone. considering it's our advantage on the other end (broncos 24th offensively, vikings 6th defensively), if our offense executes in the red zone we shouldn't have too much trouble securing the W.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KOTN-93 said:

Im thinking 24-10 or 24-13 with a garbage time TD.

I don't think it's that close. Atlanta and Oakland were completely overwhelmed by halftime. Think the defense is due for a defensive score and the final is something like 34-10. I understand that the Broncos have a good defense, but we've seen time and time again that if an offense cannot move the ball consistently a good defense will get overwhelmed eventually.

14 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I don't think it's that close. Atlanta and Oakland were completely overwhelmed by halftime. Think the defense is due for a defensive score and the final is something like 34-10. I understand that the Broncos have a good defense, but we've seen time and time again that if an offense cannot move the ball consistently a good defense will get overwhelmed eventually.

I hope your right but this feels like a WAS type game waiting to happen. Bad team at home coming off an enormous road win.

Do we know what style of D denver plays? I loved the screens lt seemed like Dalvin gained at least 10 every time.

29 minutes ago, KOTN-93 said:

Do we know what style of D denver plays? I loved the screens lt seemed like Dalvin gained at least 10 every time.

They play essentially the same defense as the Bears did last year, and they have the personnel to come very close to that level. They are probably a year of from realizing the potential as they are in the first year in the system, but they are built to be aggressive and disruptive.

2 hours ago, KOTN-93 said:

I hope your right but this feels like a WAS type game waiting to happen. Bad team at home coming off an enormous road win.

I see the parallel you're drawing, but I more thought the Washington game was an aberration in which Cousins (and the whole team really) played their best football for a month. They were due for a let down game. But Cousins played much closer to average the past two weeks, missing almost a dozen easy throws. I think this is more likely to be a "Good Kirk" game. The Defense has also played some of their worst football past the few weeks, and I'd look for them to be more dominant in front of a home crowd.

44 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I see the parallel you're drawing, but I more thought the Washington game was an aberration in which Cousins (and the whole team really) played their best football for a month. They were due for a let down game. But Cousins played much closer to average the past two weeks, missing almost a dozen easy throws. I think this is more likely to be a "Good Kirk" game. The Defense has also played some of their worst football past the few weeks, and I'd look for them to be more dominant in front of a home crowd.

You also can't ignore the fact that the Washington game came with only 3 days off, and no real practice (other than a walkthrough) in-between.  They actually performed better than I expected.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d definitely sit Thielen against Denver. MN schould be fine without him. Get him a couple more weeks of rehab, should be good to go against Seattle. Will we get to see some of Doctson this week?

This is blasphemous but I would actually like to see Treadwell get some more snaps. He is by far the Vikings best blocking WR and if he can also keep catching the ball (he runs good routes, he gets open) then the defense can't assume a play is a run or a pass based on personnel.