This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

I dig pulled pork in a chili.  With a base of black beans, onions and diced tomatoes.

Lately I've gone to a venison chili with a combination of adobo spices and cumin.

The one little key to any of the chili I make is this...make it a day before you want to eat it.  It is always better the second day as the spices have time to kind of meld together.

And...my wife loves Chili Fritos on top.  Like can't get enough.

Having grown up in Wisconsin and eating that brand of chili, I had no idea what to expect when I moved to southwest.  Holy hell, it's not even remotely the same thing, but strangely I like both styles.  You can take the boy out of Wisconsin......

I will say a main staple of my diet down here is Frito Pies - pinto beans, ground beef, and Frito chips topped with lettuce, tomato, lots of cheese, and smothered with green or red "chile".  Notice the spelling - that's important.  Frito Pies were invented in Santa Fe, FYI.

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I dig pulled pork in a chili.  With a base of black beans, onions and diced tomatoes.

Lately I've gone to a venison chili with a combination of adobo spices and cumin.

The one little key to any of the chili I make is this...make it a day before you want to eat it.  It is always better the second day as the spices have time to kind of meld together.

And...my wife loves Chili Fritos on top.  Like can't get enough.

Mine is venison as well. With a chili paste base, dark beer, and a few other things. It's amazing.

Chili must have beans, no noodles. A nice combination with ground beef, Italian sausage, just the right amount of cumin and chili powder, maybe a little red wine thrown in. Top it off with some “Sh!t the Bed” hot sauce and “BOOM” mind blown!

Edited by Bignutz

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Mine is venison as well. With a chili paste base, dark beer, and a few other things. It's amazing.

Dark beer.  I dig it.

I once made a smoked, pulled pork chili with beans that were soaked in Newcastle beer overnight, then simmered in beer until fully cooked.  Gave a great taste to the chili.  Won our little work chili cookoff.

I've grown lazier since then.  Takes a lot of time to make drunken beans correctly.

9 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I am from Canada and want to know who the hell puts noodles in their chili.

I don't get the anti noodle crowd. I eat chili both ways, has there even been a tomato based soup/sauce with added meats and veggies that doesn't go well with some form of pasta? Answer is no.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't get the anti noodle crowd. I eat chili both ways, has there even been a tomato based soup/sauce with added meats and veggies that doesn't go well with some form of pasta? Answer is no.

The point is call it what it is: burger soup. But it's not "chili" :)

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sloppy joes?