This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

8 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i always make sure i get an aisle seat when i fly.

Exactly. If I'm flying alone - definitely. If with another or group - it doesnt matter so long as we can sit together.
But - technically - this guy got the aisle seat - and it didnt help his situation.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

There is no thing as this "unwritten" rule - doesnt exist - and to think a hundred (or how ever many) total strangers who come together for a short period of time will observe such a thing - is foolish.

No unwritten rules ever. Got it. Wonder how that term came about.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

No. My comment was made in relation to this situation i.e. there is no unwritten rule that people on planes shouldnt recline.

Oh there is, that's why multiple people have talked about it.

That's why it's in articles such as (the first thing to pop up) https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/airplane-etiquette-unwritten-flying-rules

https://cboardinggroup.com/airplane-etiquette-the-unwritten-rules-for-traveling-on-a-plane/

https://www.skyscanner.net/news/tips/should-you-recline-your-seat-on-plane

https://www.rd.com/advice/travel/rude-airplane-behaviors/

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

That guys totally being a dbag. Sucks to be stuck in his situation but sometime life puts you in situations that suck and that's not how you handle it.

The one airplane etiquette "rule" I am 100% a staunch supporter of and firm believer in is that the person in the middle seat is the rightful "owner" of both armrests next to them. If you're in the window seat you get the window and the window armrest. If you're in the aisle seat you get the aisle and the aisle armrest. If your in the middle seat you get both armrests. It's the only logical an fair assumption. In my experience that's only understood about 75% of the time. 

Middle seat gets both arm rests.

and don't take off your shoes.

`

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Oh there is, that's why multiple people have talked about it.

Again - to quote myself for clarity: " to think a hundred (or how ever many) total strangers who come together for a short period of time will observe such a thing - is foolish"

It's just not gonna happen en masse.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Again - to quote myself for clarity: " to think a hundred (or how ever many) total strangers who come together for a short period of time will observe such a thing - is foolish"

It's just not gonna happen en masse.

i would say the majority of people dont recline

because the majority of people are considerate

• Like 3

Just now, Malfatron said:

i would say the majority of people dont recline. because the majority of people are considerate

Perhaps so. I've never taken count. Or taken umbrage when someone in front of me reclined.

They paid the same amount as I did and both our chairs recline.

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

There is no thing as this "unwritten" rule - doesnt exist - and to think a hundred (or how ever many) total strangers who come together for a short period of time will observe such a thing - is foolish.

For clarity you said. That

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

No. My comment was made in relation to this situation i.e. there is no unwritten rule that people on planes shouldnt recline.

And then for more clarity you also said

You derail fun conversations and now I hate myself for engaging with you.

• Like 1

Just now, HighCalebR said:

For clarity you said. That

And then for more clarity you also said

You derail fun conversations and now I hate myself for engaging with you.

LOL There isnt such a "rule"

The fact somebody's written articles about it doesnt make a social norm.

I'm 6'2", so what I do is push my knees against the seat in front of me so the person sitting there can't recline.  If they catch me relaxing and try to recline, then the moment that seat starts moving back I jam my knees against their seat again and push it back up before they get a chance to lock it.

• Like 2