This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

21 hours ago, squire12 said:

YES.   started last night and won't stop

I PMd Webby, he just responded that he's removed an ad from the site and it's seemed to have gone away for me as it was driving me nuts. Let me know if it's the same for you. I know @bkobow05 posted about it in the feedback forum too. Weird that Packers fans are the only ones so far I've heard it happened to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I PMd Webby, he just responded that he's removed an ad from the site and it's seemed to have gone away for me as it was driving me nuts. Let me know if it's the same for you. I know @bkobow05 posted about it in the feedback forum too. Weird that Packers fans are the only ones so far I've heard it happened to.

Thanks for the info.   Mod of the year!!!!

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Getting a dog this weekend, and she's currently on Fromm dog food.  I'm not opposed to staying with it, but I wanted to do some looking around.  Any types of dry dog food that you guys suggest?

Agree with @Shanedorf on the non-China mfg source.  As much as possible, get US made.  If you are going to switch, do so slowly and probably best to do so after a few weeks once your new dog gets settled into a new home.   The stress of the dog living in a completely new environment can lead to digestive issues... nothing major, but loose stools and upset stomach is not a fun thing to deal with.  Keeping as many variables the same in the first few weeks is easiest on the dog.  

Take into account any possible food sensitivities as well.  Some dogs have sensitivity to wheat (or other grains).  

Lastly, most people  will opt for the cheaper dog food to save a few dollars.   Don't be that person.  Expensive is not always better, but the old saying " you get what you pay for" applies.  Read the labels of the dog food... chicken parts means potentially any parts.  If you would not eat something that the ingredients label said chicken parts, don't feed it to your dog.

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/best-dog-foods/

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Lastly, most people  will opt for the cheaper dog food to save a few dollars.   Don't be that person.  Expensive is not always better, but the old saying " you get what you pay for" applies.  Read the labels of the dog food... chicken parts means potentially any parts.  If you would not eat something that the ingredients label said chicken parts, don't feed it to your dog.

I'm not opposed to spending money on dog food, but I'm not going to buy the most expensive dog food either.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not opposed to spending money on dog food, but I'm not going to buy the most expensive dog food either.

No problem..... i just have had friends complain at how "expensive" a 20-30# bag of dog food is, while also being fussy about only ordering top shelf whiskey for their 4th or 5th drink at the bar.  

Just now, squire12 said:

No problem..... i just have had friends complain at how "expensive" a 20-30# bag of dog food is, while also being fussy about only ordering top shelf whiskey for their 4th or 5th drink at the bar.  

Dogs have always been considered family for me, so I try and take care of them.  From what I've seen, Fromm seems like pretty good dog food.  I'll probably stick with them, but wanted some other opinions.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

The distributor guy told me there are several tiers in terms of quality.

Wellness was top 5 in the 2nd tier. The uber tier was a jump up in class and cash that we weren't willing to make

We pay about $ 45 for a 30 lb bag including shipping from Chewy.com

Just now, Shanedorf said:

The distributor guy told me there are several tiers in terms of quality.

Wellness was top 5 in the 2nd tier. The uber tier was a jump up in class and cash that we weren't willing to make

We pay about $ 45 for a 30 lb bag including shipping from Chewy.com

What were the other ones in that same tier?

My dog is sixteen years old and has the health of most dogs that are 12.  I've used Blue Buffalo for a while now.  If you pay that 15 dollars extra for dog food, your dog will live longer.  I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever feed a dog one of those crap brands of dog food.  There was literally just a recall for some of those name brand products because they literally had a euthanasia drug in the ingredients. 

• Like 1