This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

On 1/31/2018 at 8:34 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Looking for some advice:

My brother is slightly developmentally disabled...

Did your parents agree to allowing your brother to be pulled from special education classes? There are very strict laws that concern identification, accommodation, and exiting protocols for students that have special needs. Unless your brother had a 504 plan that wasn't renewed, his needs haven't changed and he should have access to support all the way through secondary schooling. Keep offering him varied experiences with the idea that he needs to know for himself if he wants to sit at a computer, travel to new worksites every day in a truck, have his own workshop, work with many others, or work alone. I can tell you this, school districts will act like bullies until you pull out a little research and the lawyer card. They have no money to go to court so they are often forced into better behavior when your lawyer asks for copies of all the relevant documents.

On 1/24/2018 at 3:27 PM, smetana34 said:

Lost the family dog yesterday in an accident. Putting her down was the toughest thing I've ever been apart of. I've lost family members and friends, but this has been way harder to handle. I'm guessing being with her every step of the way and seeing them put her to sleep is a big reason why, but man, I was not prepared for yesterday.

I had to do that a year ago.  It was a day I dreaded ever since we brought her home.  It's tough when you are there to watch it.  Somehow you feel like you owe it to the dog to not let them die alone.  I must say you look at life differently when you measure time in terms of puppy dogs.  The hardest part was the kids.  My youngest really didn't understand and kept asking when the dog was coming home for months afterwards.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:22 AM, blueswedeshoes said:

Did your parents agree to allowing your brother to be pulled from special education classes? There are very strict laws that concern identification, accommodation, and exiting protocols for students that have special needs. Unless your brother had a 504 plan that wasn't renewed, his needs haven't changed and he should have access to support all the way through secondary schooling. Keep offering him varied experiences with the idea that he needs to know for himself if he wants to sit at a computer, travel to new worksites every day in a truck, have his own workshop, work with many others, or work alone. I can tell you this, school districts will act like bullies until you pull out a little research and the lawyer card. They have no money to go to court so they are often forced into better behavior when your lawyer asks for copies of all the relevant documents.

Both of my parents are attorneys and they agreed to his 504 plan being altered to operate without the specialized support person. In retrospect, not the smartest plan. This is excellent advice though and something I'm going to continue to work with him on.

2 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

The eagles forum has surpassed us again. What's AJ Hawk up to these days?

@ AJ Hawk

I tried to get him here.  

maybe we need to do a mock with a WR and OG taken in the first round.   That should get things stirred up!!!

38 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:
1 hour ago, squire12 said:

maybe we need to do a mock with a WR and OG taken in the first round.   That should get things stirred up!!!

Stop. 

GB could also trade Rodgers for like 5 first round picks.   Is that better?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Just think, Quentin Nelson, Isaiah Wynn, Calvin Ridley, Courtland Sutton and Christian Kirk all in the 1st round. We'd be set for life.

Why did you not address the TE position??

That is where the round 1 value is!!!

5 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I have walked into a youtube black hole.  It is about 4 am and I can't stop watching videos making fun of flat Earthers.  How are they being made fun of? Just a compilation of flat Earther videos with some funny back ground music.

How did your transmission escape the gravitational pull of the black hole? Maybe flat earth black holes function with different quantum mechanics!