Astros Stole Signs in 2017

hrubes20

In all fairness, sign stealing is a part of baseball and I have absolutely no problem with cheating 

My problem is fundamentally that midgets and fleas should not be using bull**** cheating tactics like vibrating bandages to play baseball 

Would have no problem with Judge and Giancarlo cheating, or Verlander for that matter, Altuve and Bergman are scum of the earth 

5 hours ago, mission27 said:

In all fairness, sign stealing is a part of baseball and I have absolutely no problem with cheating 

My problem is fundamentally that midgets and fleas should not be using bull**** cheating tactics like vibrating bandages to play baseball 

Would have no problem with Judge and Giancarlo cheating, or Verlander for that matter, Altuve and Bergman are scum of the earth 

"Midgets and fleas"

I think it's laughable that you are saying you "must be this tall to be able to cheat" 

There are absolutely advantages to being short sometimes. Look at Leonel Messi. The guy is 5'7 and is unanimously one of the top two footballers in the world. 

Curious to hear how people compare this form of 'cheating' to other forms such as steroids. 

The use of technology is what makes it cheating, and the Astros need to be hammered for it. 

If the players are doing it somehow then whatever. If they learn the signs or tendencies by analyzing video, whatever. Using technology during games? **** that. 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

"Midgets and fleas"

I think it's laughable that you are saying you "must be this tall to be able to cheat" 

There are absolutely advantages to being short sometimes. Look at Leonel Messi. The guy is 5'7 and is unanimously one of the top two footballers in the world. 

Curious to hear how people compare this form of 'cheating' to other forms such as steroids. 

Steroids are honorable, this is flea ****

10 hours ago, mission27 said:

Right. So only gangly, gap tooth, or steroid driven gargantuan can cheat. 

4 hours ago, Leader said:

I've not been following the nuts and bolts of this story on a daily basis, cause there isnt "breaking news" that often - but - is this "vibrating bandages" a real thing (?) or social media "Oh, look at this.....!" theory?

So it's theory on how they adapted from the the drum banging. Currently the banging of the drum is confirmed, apart from that we have two more theories on how they adapted fore the 2017 postseason and beyond. The first one comes primarily from former MLBer Trevor Plouffe (and he cited former RP Carson Smith and another source) saying that Astros staffers would on the fence and signal if it's a FB or an offspeed pitch (hands off the fence is off speed, hands on the fence is FB). The other theory is that there was vibrating bandages. Joel Shermon of the NYPost and CBS first touted this theory citing 'unnamed MLB execs'.

Edited by Canadian Saint
  • Like 1

We can safely exclude Messi from this conversation He's been using HGH forever and been in the open about it without ever getting in trouble. That's tremendously smug.

Second @mission27 is absolutely right. Altuve and Bregman have been getting away with the flea-ness for far too long, and they should honestly just be banned from major league baseball.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We can safely exclude Messi from this conversation He's been using HGH forever and been in the open about it without ever getting in trouble. That's tremendously smug.

Second @mission27 is absolutely right. Altuve and Bregman have been getting away with the flea-ness for far too long, and they should honestly just be banned from major league baseball.

Shoeless Joe Midget treatment iyam 

16 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Tbh the one silver lining here outside of all these fleas getting ousted would be if Kevin Goldstein got banned from baseball for life and had to go back to doing his podcast 

I would demand a Kevin Goldstein-Kiley McDaniel podcast that constantly references how they're banned and disgraced.

• Like 2