Astros Stole Signs in 2017

hrubes20

13 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Pretty sure this is going to end up with them losing a 1st rd pick and International Spending privileges for a year and that will be it.  Probably a monster fine as well that MLB will pocket.

The most they can fine them is two million.

I fully expect Hinch suspended for the year and Cora and Beltran suspended half the year. Team will be fined 2M. The three mentioned will be fined 250k each. First round pick for 2020 forfeited and like a third in 2021. I doubt any players will get fined or suspended unless a a very in depth investigation reveals they had a massive role. 

Love how the Astro subreddit as downplaying this as much as they possibly. Ahhh the whole “everybody does it” argument. Everyone does it the old fashion way sure, and I have no problem with that. This is using technology. It’s almost like hacking the other team. 

Nothing will happen to their 2017 Championship (and I agree with that) except for the fans proclaimed asterisk. It will never be as impressive as most WS wins because of it. 

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I fully expect Hinch suspended for the year and Cora and Beltran suspended half the year. Team will be fined 2M. The three mentioned will be fined 250k each. First round pick for 2020 forfeited and like a third in 2021. I doubt any players will get fined or suspended unless a a very in depth investigation reveals they had a massive role. 

Love how the Astro subreddit as downplaying this as much as they possibly. Ahhh the whole “everybody does it” argument. Everyone does it the old fashion way sure, and I have no problem with that. This is using technology. It’s almost like hacking the other team. 

Nothing will happen to their 2017 Championship (and I agree with that) except for the fans proclaimed asterisk. It will never be as impressive as most WS wins because of it. 

I would be absolutely shocked if less than three participants come away without a lifetime ban.

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I fully expect Hinch suspended for the year and Cora and Beltran suspended half the year. Team will be fined 2M. The three mentioned will be fined 250k each.

Manfred could theoretically fine the team much more than $2M. The CBA says the maximum he can fine an organization is $2M for a single offense, so it would just take him defining a single offense as each game the Astros cheated, or each method of cheating used. That'd quickly snowball to the point of being painful.

Granted, he could have done this to the Cardinals when Chris Correa hacked into the Astros system like 20 times, and he only fined them the $2M. So it's possible he won't go this route, but if he wanted to, it is an option.

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Can they suspend Cora? Tough thing to do because it impacts the Red Sox who have nothing to do with this.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Can they suspend Cora? Tough thing to do because it impacts the Red Sox who have nothing to do with this.

Of course they can, you think they still wouldn't have banned Pete Rose from baseball if they found out about his gambling after he left the Reds and was on a different team?