NFL arranges workout for QB Colin Kaepernick

RaidersAreOne

On 11/14/2019 at 10:00 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Fans: "Athletes should use their platform to bring awareness to issues that matter"

Also fans: "No, not those issues! Shut up, fall in line and throw the football for my entertainment!"

Issues that matter like cancer and such. Things that have universal approval of the masses but largely go unnoticed. 

Most of these guys are not smarter then any of us, more then likely not as smart. But they should be the ones who pick what we should be debating in our every day lives? Make us discuss topic that they think matter? No, just no stick to sports because most of them just get riled up by what they hear and read about from paid journalists. 

Edited by Calvert28
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Issues that matter like cancer and such. Things that have universal approval of the masses but largely go unnoticed. 

Most of these guys are not smarter then any of us, more then likely not as smart. But they should be the ones who pick what we should be debating in our every day lives? Make us discuss topic that they think matter? No, just no stick to sports because most of them just get riled up by what they hear and read about from paid journalists. 

wow

• Like 6

You can tell the NFL's offer was in good faith since they decided to put the workout on a Saturday in the fall since teams aren't going to have personnel evaluation assignments at college football games, instead of like a Wednesday when teams normally bring guys in for workouts.~

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 6

I think I have realized something.  When you operate an organization that cares about literally nothing else besides "making as much money as possible" then you are going to, over time, descend into incompetence as the people capable of saving you from this fate are going to care about other things as well.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Runaway Jim said:

I’m a die hard NFL fan, but the league is on the verge of losing me here. Trying to disallow media makes it even more transparent that this is set up to screw Kaepernick. 

You’re going to stop watching football because a dude who wasn’t good three years ago is making demands for a workout set up for him by the NFL? Why does he get to demand cameras and media? 

• Like 1

It seems pretty clear this whole thing was to bait Kaepernick into signing a waiver which indemnifies the NFL from a second lawsuit, since they didn't manage to secure that with their settlement earlier.  in doing so they set themselves up for a lawsuit in the event that NFL representatives who were going to attend the workout at the Falcons facility choose not to attend the alternative venue workout, since the only thing different is "the location" and "that waiver was not signed."

Jeff Pash is slimy.

Anybody who touches this guy is going to get what they deserve. NFL says he didn't show for his workout. 

Let's recap:

1. Employer says they want to interview you and give you a time and location. Make several other concessions along the way as well. 

2. You agree to said interview. 

3. They send you a standard agreement to which your lawyers cut up and change. 

4. Employer says this is not acceptable. 

5. You decide the interview will be a different time and location. 

6. Employer says no thanks and good luck to you! 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001077164/article/nfl-releases-statement-on-change-to-colin-kaepernick-workout

Edited by Golfman

5 minutes ago, Danand said:

No matter what is up and down with the contract waiver or what it is, from what I have seen, that is a bad workout. Looks slow and sloppy

It was never his intention to get back into the NFL. It was a stunt to do a commercial for Nike and talk about how he's being screwed. Guy is trouble! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danand said:

No matter what is up and down with the contract waiver or what it is, from what I have seen, that is a bad workout. Looks slow and sloppy

As expected for something that the NFL sloppily clobbered together.

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

It was never his intention to get back into the NFL. It was a stunt to do a commercial for Nike and talk about how he's being screwed. Guy is trouble! 

Disagree. It's the other way around. The NFL never intended to give him a chance. Look how last minute everything was.