Antonio Callaway released

GSUeagles14

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

xD xD xD xDxDxD xD

<wipes tears>

xD xD xDxD xD xDxD

Oh, that made my Monday.

Do you need me to remind you what his stats are this season?   Or are you one of those people still stuck on last year?

Baker Mayfield is a bust.  You can't excuse his poor play by saying he doesn't have talent around him.  He's playing with as good a talent at WR and RB as there is in the league. 

4 minutes ago, VanS said:

Do you need me to remind you what his stats are this season?   Or are you one of those people still stuck on last year?

Baker Mayfield is a bust.  You can't excuse his poor play by saying he doesn't have talent around him.  He's playing with as good a talent at WR and RB as there is in the league. 

He’s also faced the top 4 defenses in the entire NFL.

14 hours ago, VanS said:

Did you look into his eyes?! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, VanS said:

6 td 0 turn over last 3 games, 2-1 record against top tier defenses.  yes he is a bust

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VanS said:

This is rich, given that's exactly how you defend Kamara in our "Kamara v McCaffrey" discussion. 

BTW - McCaffrey, by a significant margin.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

6 td 0 turn over last 3 games, 2-1 record against top tier defenses.  yes he is a bust

I didn't know the first 7 games didn't count.  

You might need to notify the NFL of this cause they count those games too.

The weed rule is dumb.  But it's also well known to every player you have to adhere to it.   It's dumb, but zero excuses on players, too. 

Callaway's history is well-documented.   It's not just one isolated incident.  There's a very clear pattern here.

And the final kicker - knowing he was a gameday inactive the week before, he shows up late to a meeting when he knows he's in the doghouse.  

I'm not a big fan of how Dorsey doesn't maximize cap & draft pick returns - but he gave Callaway EVERY single chance and then some.  And Callaway basically gave the middle finger in return.  

He's got 1st round talent.  And a ten cent brain.   Those guys just don't last in the NFL.   And yes, I looked into his eyes and came up with that conclusion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VanS said:

I never was super high on Baker, but c'mon man. Dude is in his sophomore season. And while he's been dreadful in a few outings this season, he definitely showed promise last season and in recent games. Either way, it's way too early to call him a bust (or a hit for that matter); stop trolling.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VanS said:

Yes, every game counts. His first 16 games counted, too. There's been a lot more good than bad with Baker. Everything with that Browns team gets blown out of proportion because they were media darlings and have a bunch of big personalities. Baker's tackle play has mostly sucked his whole career. Hence why Jarvis Landry has been overall more consistent stats-wise than OBJ this season. Overall, he's still been a solid, if inconsistent, QB who has had some great moments with Cleveland this year mixed with some mediocre ones and some bad ones. What else do you expect from a second-year QB playing with a very inconsistent play caller?

Yes, the team has some talent, but people are also overblowing the talent level of guys like Sheldon Richardson who has never been a premier interior pass rusher. Olivier Vernon has been very hot-and-cold over the course of his career. JC Tretter is a solid center. Joel Bitonio is a stud guard. They traded away their other stud guard in Kevin Zeitler. Greg Robinson was?/is? their starting left tackle and is a colossal bust/penalty machine. Chris Hubbard has been wildly inconsistent. 

Look, I know that you're going to be defensive because everyone is calling you out (seriously, guys, stop it with the "looked in his eyes crap. You made your point. Move on and stop bullying VanS), but Baker probably isn't the issue. I think the issue is how the front office let a rookie-now-sophomore QB dominate the off-season, but still. It's way too early to call him a bust. He's been a disappointment this year at worst, but in an uneven way, not in a terrible way. 

As for Antonio Calloway, I thought the Browns may have gotten a steal if he got his act together. But it's just like with former Browns draft pick Caleb Brantley, and as pretty much everyone has said. Million dollar talent, ten cent brain. The front office swung for the fences, and he was a strike.

• Like 1