The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

6 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Garrett will get 6 maybe 4 on appeal. The nfl isnt trying to go hard at nflpa right now. Huge negotiations are coming up. They ain't bout to just start throwing 10 12 16 games at guys without long jackets. Burfict did literally all he could do to get 12 games. 

That would be absurdly weak. 

Garrett should have to serve time in prison. Assault with a deadly weapon should not exclude famous ballplayers. 

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Outside observer here - but given what transpired before the takedown and punches, I am actually OK with what Pouncey did (and I believe both Pouncey brothers are basically trouble).

Two game "policy" suspension for throwing a punch, but it should be something that could be appealed. Pouncey was reacting to what Garrett did.

If reaction justifies assult then garrett is partially clean, the instigator on multiple occassikns was rudolph. 

But thay logic fails. 

Both over reacted.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Maybe it wasnt malicious, I disagree, but Rudolph clearly felt it was.

We're all just guessing here, but my guess is he was really frustrated by A) the entire game and B) more specifically the late hit he took the play or two before that.  If it was just the one hit in a vacuum, i don't think it escalates to this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

My reaction was that garretts action was stupid, but then pounceys was disgusting

Oh get out! There is no way you can say what Pouncey did was worse than what Garrett did. Garrett could have killed someone while Pouncey was just whooping the guy that hit his QB in the head with his own helmet. I mean, to compare the two as if they are similar is ridiculous. But to go one step further and suggest Pouncey was worse is baffling IMO.

I'd say Garrett is out rest-of-season, minimum and Pouncey is out for 4.

Edited by lolsurebro
cleared up quote for what i was addressing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Disagree. 

Pouncey could of left garrett severely dabilitated also.

By swinging as someone wearing a helmet and kicking him aimlessly with a helmet on?

Let's not pretend like what Pouncey did is even close to as bad as what Garrett did.

People keep saying Ruloph started it but that's not really true is it? Myles Garrett, like it or not, started everything with his unnecessary take down of Rudolph and his refusal to let Rudolph up. 

Pouncey will likely get suspended for his actions. But he reacted rhe exact what he should have. 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I was at the game, they were celebrating winning the game.

Fowler was on the sidelines and is a pretty unbiased reporter covering the AFCN for years. Given the culture/climate that Kitchens has built, this is very believable.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Imho Garrett should get no less than a 22 game suspension.

I don't think that one act should warrant a suspension equal to all of Vontaze Burfict's suspensions put together*

*did not fact check this statement