Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

And Cleveland PD already said they won't investigate or press charges because they don't feel like they should interfere on the field.  But what if Mason, his agent, or the team decide they want to press charges?

Then they can.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

But what if Mason, his agent, or the team decide they want to press charges?

Really hope they do.. and they should. If Mason would have suffered a nasty head injury from this.. and let's not pretend that was a stretch to happen.. then most would indeed expect more severe consequences for Myles. 

So why should it come down to the end result? The intent was there all the same.

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And Cleveland PD already said they won't investigate or press charges because they don't feel like they should interfere on the field.  But what if Mason, his agent, or the team decide they want to press charges?

11 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

After pressing charges, no?

Only the justice system can charge someone with a crime

Mason and his team can file a report and give details about the incident and asked that he be charged, but it’s not on them to decide if he’s charged or not.

even la policia can’t press charges 

*not a lawyer but I’ve seen em on TV*

sources: lots of pages on google that say the same

Edited by Dome

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So from a legal standpoint, they don't have to pursue it if they don't want to, but have the choice if anyone wants to press charges?  Or would they be required at that point?

If you want to press charges that require a victim, then you usually need the victim there to testify(aside from murder).

Rudolph could choose to do nothing at any point...but if the DAs office wont bring charges, he'd be SOL.

• Like 1

Without bringing politics into it, I firmly believe that Rudolph was the instigating party. There's video of him trying to pull Garrett's helmet off, and it would be 100% consistent with Rudolph's character to have said and done other things to provoke Garrett throughout the course of the game. 

Garrett deserves a multi-game suspension but Rudolph deserves to be punished as well.

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

Without bringing politics into it, I firmly believe that Rudolph was the instigating party. There's video of him trying to pull Garrett's helmet off, and it would be 100% consistent with Rudolph's character to have said and done other things to provoke Garrett throughout the course of the game. 

Garrett deserves a multi-game suspension but Rudolph deserves to be punished as well.

This is the main reason I’m pretty confident there will be nothing criminal or civil here. I think the suspensions will be the end of it.

• Like 1

@Ragnarok @SwAg

if mason gets fined for his role in the altercation (I heard he still may in this thread), how much (if at all) does that hurt his case if he wants charges pressed against Garrett? 

id have to imagine your employer holding you partially responsible for the fight really takes the wind out of your sails when it comes to something like that 

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

@Ragnarok @SwAg

if mason gets fined for his role in the altercation (I heard he still may in this thread), how much (if at all) does that hurt his case if he wants charges pressed against Garrett? 

id have to imagine your employer holding you partially responsible for the fight really takes the wind out of your sails when it comes to something like that 

To quote Ron White:

I got charged with public drunkenness and disturbing the peace, when we threw me in the street and we broke a chair over my back.

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

@Ragnarok @SwAg

If it could be mentioned, it probably wouldnt hurt him at all because the NFL uses different standards.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dome said:

@Ragnarok @SwAg

The video is all he needs to hurt his case. NFLs ruling and a criminal/civil ruling are not going to be anywhere near each other. 

Rudolph clearly instigates it, kicks him in the nuts, they get separated, he confronts him again, grabs his nuts before getting hit. 

No way anything comes of it.

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

Well it would take statements. He obviously confronts him with a look of what I would describe as intense anger.

I mean....I would too if someone just ripped my helmet off too TBH.  I don't think there's anything out there to support grabbing the manhood.  As far as the kicking part, again it was at a time that Myles had Mason by the facemask and was pulling at it.  Could have easily been an unintentional reaction to having your facemask pulled on.