The good, the bad, the 2 games above .500 vs. Bengals (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Hall and Hurst are rotational players at this point. Raiders need to add talent there preferably a veteran. There just happens to be a inside pass rusher across the bay which they’re really not in the bay lol that they should really take a long took at. 

Armstead? What's the Chiefs salary cap like? Chris Jones is a FA. Hargrave in Pitt. 

Or draft Brown/Kinlaw 

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Armstead? What's the Chiefs salary cap like? Chris Jones is a FA. Hargrave in Pitt. 

Or draft Brown/Kinlaw 

Yeah, Armstead is who I’m talking about. 

Chris Jones is an interesting name. Chiefs will have around 20 million in cap space according to over the cap. Hard to imagine the Chiefs not keeping Jones cause he is really the best player on defense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Yeah, Armstead is who I’m talking about. 

Chris Jones is an interesting name. Chiefs will have around 20 million in cap space according to over the cap. Hard to imagine the Chiefs not keeping Jones cause he is really the best player on defense. 

I thought Armstead played LDE or is that Buckners role?

I think Hurst is our only pass rusher at DT. Hankins is a run stuffer and Hall is trending that way too. We need those but when we want our front 4 to get after the QB, we have to move a DE inside. The Bengals were doing the same thing with Dunlap when Guenther was their DC. Tuck used to do the same with the Giants. I'm sure there are many more examples of that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I think Hurst is our only pass rusher at DT. Hankins is a run stuffer and Hall is trending that way too. We need those but when we want our front 4 to get after the QB, we have to move a DE inside. The Bengals were doing the same thing with Dunlap when Guenther was their DC. Tuck used to do the same with the Giants. I'm sure there are many more examples of that.

Exactly.  It's the "Nascar" package.  It's been around for awhile, not sure when it started.  I know the Buckeyes run it a lot with their dline depth.  I remember Joey and Nick both would kick inside to DT to get 4 DEs on the field at the same time.

We were due for a let down game, glad it came against Cincinnati and it didn’t cost us. Good teams find ways to win. Not our best effort of the season but a W is a W.

Hopefully this game will refocus the team and we don’t come out flat again

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, true2form said:

Exactly.  It's the "Nascar" package.  It's been around for awhile, not sure when it started.  I know the Buckeyes run it a lot with their dline depth.  I remember Joey and Nick both would kick inside to DT to get 4 DEs on the field at the same time.

kinda started with the giants the year they upset the pats , roughly. at least that's the first time I really remember it being talked about and shortly thereafter copied.lol

21 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Good:

• 6-4 baby
  • Aside from the pick, Carr looked great today
  • Mad Maxx is a freaking beast. 4 sacks and a FF
  • The entire 1st quarter
  • Waller is such a good security blanket. I wish we gave him more looks
  • Renfrow is so clutch on 3rd down
  • Mullen gets his first pick! Could/should have had one earlier but good job by the rook
  • AJ Cole was having a great day until his last punt
  • Mike freaking Mayock for finding us 7+ rookies who can contribute right away

What was good about the first quarter ? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Carr’s movement under pressure has been vastly improved. That was evident in the rushing TD he had. It looks like all the work Gruden has put in with him has paid off. 

I see that Carr makes a mistake one week and then corrects the next week and that goes for the whole team ( except for the LB’s they suck).  you can really see the team growing week to week. That’s an awesome job of coaching. 

17 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I see that Carr makes a mistake one week and then corrects the next week and that goes for the whole team ( except for the LB’s they suck).  you can really see the team growing week to week. That’s an awesome job of coaching. 

I see something getting better every week. The one thing that hasn't are the penalties. They are killing us week after week.

• Like 1